Buttons Losing Filepath [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Buttons Losing Filepath [fixed]

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 05:47

I went into a show this last weekend and as I went through my focus protocols I kept finding buttons that had no idea what scenes the were supposed to be playing. The buttons were no longer connected to the scenes they were designated. For many I found I had to "Change File" to the file they were supposed to be associated to. But as soon as I thought I corrected them all, more would crop up.

I think this is likely a long filepath issue. As such I decided to play my show from an external stick. Why? Because the filepath from my stick is G:/(Show name)/Scenes...
As opposed to C:/users/Ashley/TheLightingController/Lightshows/(Show Name)/scenes....

Thus far it has improved the playback of my show but there are still a few instances in my last 2 rehearsals that I still find buttons totally disconnected from their scenes. I have done my best to reduce Live pages, reduced and cleared out unused scenes, reduced features I don't use in some houses, shortened the filepath, debugged my Live.ini file regularly, etc, but I am still not confident this show is stable enough for consistent shows. Do I need to send in my show for you to look at as to why my show is buggy?
Last edited by Pink LD on 08 October 2015, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Pink LD

Re: Buttons Losing Filepath

Postby support » 08 October 2015, 07:12

Can you please confirm the path is exactly: C:/users/Ashley/TheLightingController/Lightshows/(Show Name)/scenes....
or is it like this: C:/users/Ashley/TheLightingController/LightShows/(Show Name)/scenes....

The point is how is the first "s" in "Lightshows" ; with an uppercase "S" or with a lowercase "s" ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 07:18

The case isn't the issue. It is correct even if I might have typed it wrong. I did not copy and paste, I typed it. Most of my scenes work, but some do not. It is not predictable which wont. On one run through a page of 14 presets 3 were not working. I updated them via change file to what they were supposed to be. The next run through of the show 2 different presets that worked previously now didn't work.

What Live buttons wont work is unpredictable and all over the place. That is my problem. not a typo in my example.
Pink LD

Postby support » 08 October 2015, 07:25

The typo is very important for us.
We need to know how is this "s" ("s" or "S") in the paths written in the file "live.ini".

Please post your "live.ini" file of the lightshow with this problem. We will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 07:30

It is a small s in /Lightshows of the path.
Pink LD

Postby Niffo » 08 October 2015, 08:21

The directory must be named "LightShows" for the software to work properly.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 08:29

I've done nothing to change it. It has always been that way. Or am I to believe that one time, for some unknown reason the cap S just changed to a small s? Why would that happen? First I am told I have a corruoted Live.ini file. I go thru and debug both of my shows files from 600+ kb of data down to 200+ kb, and now an erroneous s not capped is causing trouble. Wow, just wow. I can't tell you how frustrating this has become.
*SMH*
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 08:36

I am sorry if my frustration has gotten away from me. But I have been struggling with flaky software for 2 months now. And I am at wits end.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 09:00

I apologise, I just did a clean uninstall, deleted every thing, even my TheLightingController files (After I backed up my show folders of course), downloaded 7.1.63, and reinstalled it. And yes, apparently in TheLightingController file the LightShows file has a cap S.

I will for now continue to use my show from an external thumb drive for portability and a considerably shorter file path, and will keep an eye out for buttons that have lost their file path.

However I just checked the machine I used for my last show and it has LightShows with a cap S. So I can say that while the lack of a cap S may have caused problems, it is not entirely the reason I have had seemingly Live buttons lose their file path.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2015, 19:22

Support,

I have been working with my show in the lab for 4 hours now and I've only found one button thus far that had no filepath. I can't say that this is new or if it is leftover from previous problems. But for now I am going to consider this issue fixed.

Thanks for the help.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons