Live.ini File still problematic

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Live.ini File still problematic

Postby Pink LD » 28 August 2015, 19:11

Support:

I am still having a problem with my Live.ini file. Sure I get that the new buttons on a page go to the end of the list and as I have edited Live pages I have gone to the Live.ini file to cut and paste tge new buttons into the correct paged so it is all in numerical/ascending order. That is all well and good.

I have also found all = signs that were denoting problems, and those have been all corrected.

However the problem I am having now is when I delet or add Live Pages. Pages in Live are handled in Numeric that alphabetical order. But within the actual .ini file it goes wonky. If I delete a page remnants from that page get put at the end of the .ini file. They have nothing to do because they aren't being called by the software but it is just unnecessary clutter that gets mixed in with any new nuttons I add.

Would it be prudent to delete all buttons on a page destined to be deleted, hit the Live Save button, then delete the page?

Or is this a problem due to another reason such as the size of my show?

I am at a loss at how to deal with an evolving show that gains and loses Live Pages from week to week.

While hand editing the Live.ini file is doable, it is not really the proper way. And is only a task for experiencedusers with some tech skills. I wouldn't recommend most users tinker around im that file.
Pink LD

Re: Live.ini File still problematic

Postby Niffo » 03 September 2015, 06:55

FYI : live.ini file will be cleaned/reordered at each save in next fix/release.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Live.ini File still problematic

Postby Pink LD » 03 September 2015, 07:32

Got it. Will that fix/release also deal with the adding/removing of pages and when I name them in alphabetical order. Because as it is now it leaves a right mess of it that takes quite awhile to sort out after any deletions and/or additions.

As to adding buttons to a page, they just get put at the tail end of the .ini file. So after I finish working on a page log out of the show and edit the .ini file to put the page I was working on in proper order, including the proper order of buttons by line and column.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons