V7.1.63 Buggy and Crashy Across all my Win 7 and Win 8.1 PCs

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

V7.1.63 Buggy and Crashy Across all my Win 7 and Win 8.1 PCs

Postby Pink LD » 17 August 2015, 04:02

I am having persistent and recurring buggy and crash prone results with the software on all my machines. I am missing Live Buttons as well as well Live pages that has halved the size of my buttons and left half the page blank and unusable. Please see the following video and pictures:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwF3XD64jqlNXBvaUplcVV6NzQ/view?usp=sharing

Here is a sequence of pictures of my top right button on the page acting quirky:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzwF3XD64jqlfjRKXzRGbkFsd3A1eTlxRU11TG5aODBrTUxwRFlYelNTbzQ2ZEhHMFVRemM&usp=sharing
Pink LD

Re: V7.1.63 Buggy and Crashy Across all my Win 7 and Win 8.1

Postby support » 17 August 2015, 07:21

Please post (or email) your lightshow.
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 17 August 2015, 07:44

I have emailed it to you with a current description of the problems I am having.
Pink LD

Postby support » 19 August 2015, 08:15

We checked the file "live.ini" ; it is effectively corrupted. Luckely, you made a quite recent backup of this file, under the name "live-Lenovo-PC.ini".

The file "live.ini" is too big to be cleaned, without any risk to forget one problem. So please use the file "live-Lenovo-PC.ini". For that, you have to delete the file "live.ini" and rename the file "live-Lenovo-PC.ini" to "live.ini".

Please note that, a corrupted ini file might happen with problems beyond our control, like for instance a power failure during save process. So please keep doing regularely backups of your lightshows.

And do not open your lightshow with old versions of our software (old software versions are not able to load correctly big lightshows, and they might corrupt it during save process).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 19 August 2015, 11:03

Recent Backup? That one is 7 months old. What am I going to lose by using it?
Pink LD

Postby JohnRichards » 19 August 2015, 13:42

Ashley, if you use that file, your live page will look like it was then. I hope you have a backup of your lightshow on some other external media.
JohnRichards

Postby Pink LD » 19 August 2015, 15:06

So if I used that .ini file suggested, my live page would go back to what it looked like 6 months ago? I have multiple saved versions of the show. My show is constantly, from week to week, changed and updated. I am concerned that even gling back to an ealier that is hopefully not corrupted will be 3 weeks of a major overhaul lost.

This is really quite the disaster. But hopefully tonight backtrack to before the corruption and get back to a semblence of what my show was a month ago.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 22 August 2015, 05:41

There is still a bug somewhere gping back a month, which is the oldest deletion I have other than going back to January. I am quite disappointed with this and am unsure if I should just rebuild the show except that I have quite a huge show.

Question:
1. Where do you think the corruption is? Could I import all my scene and generator files and just rebuild it?

2. Is my show just too big for the software?
Pink LD

Postby JohnRichards » 22 August 2015, 07:57

Hi Ashley,
The "live.ini" file is just a text file that can be viewed and changed with Notepad. You can open the file and check to see where the corruption is, and delete that part. You will then need to reload the pages that are not being displayed. Your scene and generator files should still be good.
John
JohnRichards

Postby Pink LD » 22 August 2015, 10:32

I've ben under the hood of the nuts and bolts of the software. As such I exported the file to a word processor to see what I was up against. My file is 537 pages long.

So I started debugging 537 pages of text by Live pages and what a disaster it is. You wouldn't believe the stuff in the wrong places, conflicting columns and lines, etc etc. In 4 hours I have gotten thru debugging 10 of 119 Live pages.

My next show isn't for 8 days. So I expect some long nights debugging it and making master copies so I don't have to go thru this again.

Having said that, I now know that I should have been debgging my show as weird little glitches show up with missing buttons, erratic button behaviour, and blank spots in Live pages.

Though I am not sure how it got this buggy in the first place except for a combination of problems I didn't really catch as they happened.

Anyhow I used a default Live.inf file in my program and have been rebuilding page by page. I don't wish this on anybody.
Pink LD

Next

Return to Live - Buttons