Request! - Live Button Colours (on and off)

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Request! - Live Button Colours (on and off)

Postby AmpdEntmt » 15 April 2015, 23:40

Background:
With the addition of being able to adjust the 'data 2' on and off output messages for midi triggering, I am now capable of changing the button on and off colours on my midi controller (Novation Launchpad S and Novation Launch Control). Thank you to the support team to making this feature a reality!

Request:
The current software (7.1.54) only 'greys' over the selected button colour when a lighting scene/macro is selected. Is it possible to implement a feature similar to the recent midi update where the on and off colours for buttons in live can be selected independent of one another?

It would be great to have my midi controller and showXpress display match up with one another as opposed to the 'greyed out' buttons.

Thanks to the support team who are great at keeping up with these requests!
AmpdEntmt

Re: Request! - Live Button Colours (on and off)

Postby Earl Harvey » 16 April 2015, 00:39

I often hope for the ability to make certain steps certain colors on buttons in live...
Problem is different manufactures controllers use different MIDI messeges to light up the LEDs...
Curious I use launchpads now...
How do you use the launch control with the Launchpad? do you have to use a virtual MIDI router?
I've wondered if because since both controllers are transmitting different MIDI messages if a router is needed...
Earl Harvey

Postby AmpdEntmt » 16 April 2015, 17:15

Problem is different manufactures controllers use different MIDI messages to light up the LEDs...

I agree with what you're saying, thats why for the live buttons I was hoping to be able to manually choose the colours for on and off. I am NOT requesting to have them linked to the midi messages :D

How do you use the launch control with the Launchpad? Do you have to use a virtual MIDI router?
I've wondered if because since both controllers are transmitting different MIDI messages if a router is needed...

My current setup (on Mac OS) uses MidiPipe as a virtual midi router (a great program). However, there is a way to use multiple Launchpads without the use of a router. I can make a more detailed post if you're interested, just let me know.
AmpdEntmt

Postby support » 16 April 2015, 20:51

It is possible in V7.1.54.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby AmpdEntmt » 17 April 2015, 04:31

I think i may be making my post too complex by referencing the midi update in it.

For clarification, i am just looking to be able to change the 'on' colour AND the 'off' colour of buttons in live mode on the actual computer screen (not the buttons on my midi controller - i understand that already).

In clearer terms:
Currently when you right click on a scene the 'button colour' option comes up but it only sets the 'off' colour of the button. When the button is 'on' (aka clicked/activated) it just gets greyed over. Is it possible to be able to chose the 'on' (or activated) colour of buttons in live view, is essentialy what i am requesting. Sorry if i may have worded or explained it in a confusing manner before!
AmpdEntmt

Postby support » 17 April 2015, 18:45

Understood.
Sorry but the "off" color of buttons in Live can not be changed.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons