Weird Behaviours

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Weird Behaviours

Postby Pink LD » 31 March 2015, 17:53

Support,
I rolled back from 7.51 to 7.48 before the weekend's shows but I am still getting really buggy odd behaviour. First of all there is almost nothing I can do in Editor/Fixtures that wont make the software crash. Friday I had more than 20 crashes while readdressing and editing fixtures.
But today my Live screen comes up with this for my first column with a magical invisible button as well as nothing but a blank for right click context menus. See pic:

SXjpeg.jpg
Pink LD

Re: Weird Behaviours

Postby Pink LD » 31 March 2015, 20:35

I wonder if this is a Win 7 Home Prmium 64 bit problem? I run shows with Win 8.1 machines but I programme shows in my office with a retired from show touring Win 7 machine.
Pink LD

Postby support » 01 April 2015, 08:48

You can post (or email) your lightshow.
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lighter007 » 06 April 2015, 19:06

@Pink LD
Definetly not depending on OS Version. I am programming and running everything on a Win7 HP 64Bit PC and never had chrashes, just the bugs which were known already.

Can you check with other language packs? Maybe it's not because of the lightshow but because of the software?
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby Pink LD » 06 April 2015, 19:29

I am not sure what you mean by "...other language packs".

In my experience all my crashes across all OS's I use are related to the size of my programme. My software gets sent in regularly for Support to debug/fix crashes. And each time they confirm that my troubles are related to the size of my programmes.

In fact my Wad show was sent to Support last week and I am waiting for them to send me an update.

I tend to palletise every fixture and use lots of Macros. My Live screen is well over 120 pages at this time for this show.
Pink LD

Postby support » 07 April 2015, 10:55

The buttons are not well aligned, but after checking the settings, it looks there is no missing button.
And we do not see the blank menu.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 07 April 2015, 16:00

The blank menu is intermittent. I generally shows up during heavy programming and is a cue that a crash is just around the corner. I generally start saving anything I haven't when this happens, and reboot the software.

Also sent I posted this, and sent it in I have added a Macro to the bottom of that first column, and that misalignment is now a blank spot between the bottom and second to bottom button.

Sometimes I create blank Macros just as spacers/dividers and or informational shortcuts.

But this is like I have an invisible spacer/divider.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons