Bug Report: MIDI timeline crash [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Re: Bug Report: MIDI timeline crash [fixed]

Postby Falcon6fd » 16 April 2015, 04:22

Thank you for the fix on the midi and timeline crash issue! I was experiencing the exact same issue, but things are AWESOME now!

I do have another request though. I'm still a little new on here and have been trying to find a post on "Missing/deleted or relocated" files (audio, vide, .sce, etc) in the SX light show folders. So this is the closest post i've found relating to timeline crashing on button triggering.

SO here is my concern. I've learned through trial and error that when you relocate or delete an audio file that you had already planted in a previously saved timeline... then go to trigger that timeline, the program completely closes (crashes). I, for the life of me, could not figure out what the heck was going on. I just so happened to recall that i had re-organized my music folder (moved audio fills around) and was able to figure out that the path of the file on the timeline was looking for the audio file where it used to be. I just re-uploaded the new audio file (from its new location) into timeline and BOOM! Heeellooo... problem solved! The timeline triggered and the program didn't crash anymore.

SO! My request... Is it possible for you guys to get the program not to crash and completely close out with this type of occurrence? I'd recommend that the program still be able to trigger the timeline and fire off everything else that is still planted in the timeline (for the exception of the missing, relocated or deleted file) and perhaps only pop up a warning window to alert you that a file is missing from the timeline? That would really be helpful and would definitely prevent people like me from freaking out LOL!

Just an FYI. I'm running the latest version of macbook pro OS X Y, the newest SX v7.1.54, and the novation launchpad-s midi trigger. Loving the new midi out data features!
Falcon6fd

Re: Bug Report: MIDI timeline crash [fixed]

Postby support » 16 April 2015, 20:54

Not easy because this is a MacOS bug (Windows does not crash in same situation).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Live - Buttons