REQUEST! better control over live layout

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

REQUEST! better control over live layout

Postby vvmke » 13 March 2015, 07:10

Please upgrade the "move button" option in the live window. The fact that you can't drag and drop in this day and age is extremely frustrating! Also, you should be able to copy past a button with key commands like "CMD+C CMD+V" or the windows equivalent and retain all button properties (i.e. fader buttons/ speed sliders). It would also be very helpful to have control over button/column width and height so certain buttons would stand out more.

One more thing that would be helpful would be some sort of external pop up window to view all selected scenes in a macro button. It is frustrating to have to turn off all other scenes to properly update a macro button. I use tons of layering and this has been problematic.

Thanks for listening to these requests!
vvmke

Re: REQUEST! better control over live layout

Postby caboose1408 » 17 March 2015, 08:44

I completely agree with all of these requests. I came here looking for drag and drop buttons. Lol.

Also, I think with drag and drop, we should be able to drag a button to another page.
Instead of having to look up every single button. It becomes very tedious.

Thank you!
caboose1408

Postby support » 17 March 2015, 17:08

We understand that drag & drop buttons would be nice, but because of the obligation of multi-OS (Windows & MacOS) code, our multi-OS development tools are presently very limited regarding drag & drop.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 25 March 2015, 20:52

Maybe it is time to spin of that other OS. Many of us have wanted drag drop and column width and height since I started using V4. The worst even in the current method is that you can't create a new column going left, or create a new column between 2.

Not to mention the multi-OS for Mac is just dragging down multi-touch support on PC.

I'm not anti-Mac, and they deserve to be customers/users. But there is patently obvious reasons stated here that they should be developed separately, with their own forum etc.
Pink LD

Postby FraBob » 28 March 2015, 12:51

Pink LD wrote:Maybe it is time to spin of that other OS. Many of us have wanted drag drop and column width and height since I started using V4. The worst even in the current method is that you can't create a new column going left, or create a new column between 2.

Not to mention the multi-OS for Mac is just dragging down multi-touch support on PC.

I'm not anti-Mac, and they deserve to be customers/users. But there is patently obvious reasons stated here that they should be developed separately, with their own forum etc.

I agree
FraBob

Return to Live - Buttons