One-Button Show Control

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

One-Button Show Control

Postby shazammagic » 05 February 2015, 00:44

Greetings all! On the Live screen, is there any way to progress through a series of buttons with a single keystroke or command?

I'm trying to mimic a conventional theatrical lighting board, which has a single "Go" button that takes the operator through a linear series of scenes.

Many thanks!
shazammagic

Re: One-Button Show Control

Postby support » 05 February 2015, 08:16

Yes, with a "Macro" button.
You can find "Macro" buttons in our demo_show, available here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=114
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby shazammagic » 05 February 2015, 15:25

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't worked with Macros, so I'm not surprised that's where the answer lies.

How do I advance from one Macro to the next with a single button? I.e., if I want to switch from "front" to "circle," in the demo_show.
shazammagic

Postby support » 05 February 2015, 15:48

You define one key trigger par Macro button (right click on each button > select "button trigger").
And you set the page in "solo button" mode (click on page button > select "solo button").
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby shazammagic » 05 February 2015, 16:00

support wrote:You define one key trigger per Macro button

Can one key trigger be shared by multiple macros? I tried setting them all to "a," but it gets stuck on "circle" and doesn't progress to "wave."

For example, I'd like to hit a key (i.e., the spacebar) to advance from "front" to "circle." And then a second press of the same key moves from "circle" to "wave."

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for your help!
shazammagic

Postby support » 05 February 2015, 17:27

In Live - Buttons, you have to use one key for each Macro button.
You can "stop and go" with the space bar, in Live - TimeLine.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby shazammagic » 05 February 2015, 17:32

Alright, that's what I was afraid of. Pity that there's no solution that merges the two, but at least I wasn't overlooking something obvious.

Appreciate your help!
shazammagic

Postby Lighter007 » 06 February 2015, 10:48

You might be thinking of a Cuelist. There are many ideas about this and many users are waiting for it (viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3249&p=12691) , but unfortunaly it will not be introduced in one of the next versions. :(
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby Earl Harvey » 06 February 2015, 14:12

Adding a Play/Pause, Next function while a page is in Chase/Random mode would be convenient! :roll:
Earl Harvey

Postby shazammagic » 06 February 2015, 15:44

Glad I'm not the only one waiting on something like this! CueList looks pretty sweet, although I see why Support feels like it'd be a huge undertaking :)

I think the easiest way to bridge the gap would be to allow toggling between active buttons with arrow keys (so "Next" is either down or to the right).

For any programming-minded users, it looks like AutoHotKey might be able to make something like that happen with this Cycle code: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/83329-cycle-easy-automatic-cycling-through-a-list-of-elements/.

By setting each button trigger to a sequential letter of the alphabet, and then running AHK in addition to Lighting Controller, a single "Next" or "Go" button can type a different letter of the alphabet on each button press. It'd be a pain to rearrange buttons (since each trigger would have to be remapped), but for simple shows it may be a nice workaround.
shazammagic

Next

Return to Live - Buttons