[Request] Minimize Child Window [done]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

[Request] Minimize Child Window [done]

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2015, 18:56

Support,
I know went over how the Child Window currently works but after 3 weeks of shows I have to say that not being able to minimise it, having its window always on top, having to close it if it is in the way, and having to use a menu system to get it back? It has made it all but useless to use in show situations. I already have 2 LD's with a touchscreen for each of them, I don't need 4 touch screens at FOH just to utilise the Child window.

It was so much easier when I could have the Child window up and the main software window up. I would size them to each be about 90% of my screen and overlap the windows so if I wanted the Child window I only needed to touch/mouse the little bit of the screen that wasn't overlapped, the same as well for when I wanted to go back to the main screen.

Ultimately for me? It just worked better before than now in almost every type of show I do.
Pink LD

Re: Child Window

Postby Earl Harvey » 29 January 2015, 11:01

I'll second that... Much quicker to just minimalize...
Especially when you add multiple child windows in the future version! :o
Earl Harvey

Postby Niffo » 29 January 2015, 13:56

"Minimize" for Child-Window re-added for next fix/release
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 29 January 2015, 16:25

Cool. Will it still be an "Only on top" window? Or will that be in the next fix?

Thanks Niffo.
Pink LD

Postby Niffo » 29 January 2015, 17:15

Pink LD wrote:Cool. Will it still be an "Only on top" window? Or will that be in the next fix?

- The "Child Window" will be able to be minimized
- The "Child Window" will no more be "Only on top" (mandatory for MacOS, otherwise the main Window will be also minimized)
- When calling the Window from the main menu, it will be restored if necessary and brought to front if necessary
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 29 January 2015, 17:26

Sounds good, thanks.
Pink LD

Re: [Request] Minimize Child Window [done]

Postby support » 29 January 2015, 22:28

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 29 January 2015, 23:18

Support,
Just tested it out. It's perfect. Exactly how I like it to work. Now I suppose we will just have to wait and see if a greater majority preferred it the other wait.
But for me, now? Thanks again.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 01 February 2015, 23:05

Update:
I am not sure if it was related to this update but the software crashed twice during my last show, the first after this update. It did not give me any crash data, it just shut dkwn and Windows started scanning the web for a solution.
Also after the second crash I lost any Macro updates after the previous crash, despite hitting the save button. So I still have to log out and back in after Macro updates if I wish them to stay.
Pink LD

Postby Earl Harvey » 01 February 2015, 23:32

Had several last night as well without child window update PC (7.1.44) once I logged off Internet all was fine... Not sure if related to Ashley's problem... But these were hard crashes as well...
Noticed if 3-D was up on same screen as live it would crash, I rarely even have 3-D on when using live during an event... Everything ran smooth night before...
Earl Harvey

Next

Return to Live - Buttons