[Windows 8] Does not play "Pixels" scenes

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

[Windows 8] Does not play "Pixels" scenes

Postby REESEMIX » 24 January 2015, 01:59

I have found issue with the buttons in live created for pixels. When you save a .ppj pixel file in the pixel project folder and it auto generates the .scn file in the TheLightingController\LightShows\xxx\scenes\pixels folder right. Now when I try to add pixel scene to a page from that folder it will show up but not launch the scene. I also noticed that right clicking the scene and trying to click edit, which in theory should send you too the pixels page does not work as well. Now the work around I figured out was to just copy the generated files and move them to a folder labeled pixel render or something like that and both the scene works and the edit option work fine. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended work flow?
REESEMIX

Re: Does not play "Pixels" scenes

Postby support » 24 January 2015, 08:31

Looks like an old bug, which is supposed to be fixed in V7.1.32.

Are you using V7.1.32 ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby REESEMIX » 24 January 2015, 20:16

I'm using 7.1.32 on Windows 8.1.

Here is the show file I'm working on at the moment.

I created a page to demonstrate.
REESEMIX

Postby support » 25 January 2015, 10:32

We just checked (V7.1.32 - Windows).
When we press the button "1 P CIR" or "2 P CIR #1", we see the channels moving in the "Dmx levels" window.
And when we select "Edit" on this buttons, it open the corresponding project in Pixels.
So we are no able to reproduce your problem.

In order to know if this problem is exclusively with your computer, can you please check with another computer ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby REESEMIX » 26 January 2015, 06:09

I just tried the show file on a different laptop and it works fine. So that means that there is an issue or a bug with V7.1.32 on my main laptop. I always thought something weird was going on. Unrelated but I also noticed that the "GPS" and the "network" tab switched places even though the function stayed the same. I'm not sure what specifically from my computer would cause any of this. Would a full uninstall and reinstall help?
REESEMIX

Postby support » 26 January 2015, 09:21

Yes, you can try a full uninstall and reinstall.
This will not affect your lightshow.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby REESEMIX » 26 January 2015, 22:22

So I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have the same issues. Any other suggestions?
REESEMIX

Postby support » 26 January 2015, 22:49

So the conclusion is:
- same lightshow
- same software version
- same OS (?) (please confirm)
Works on one laptop PC, and does not work on the other laptop PC.

It looks like there is a problem with the PC, but we presently have no other suggestion.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby REESEMIX » 27 January 2015, 02:35

No actually the other lap top is Windows 7. I mean as a whole I can work around some of the bugs I still have like the two I mention in the previous post, but I also have another one that has to do with editor. When I select a fixture in editor it does not automatically deselect the fixture when I go to select another, as if I am holding down shift or ctrl. Its annoying but if I make sure to make solid fixture groups that don't disappear on me and double click or use the short key when I need some thing I can get around it. But I'd rather not. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this seeing as my original post was about buttons but I'm just getting kind of frustrated with it at this point. I'm spending more creative energy trying to figure out how to work around bugs than actually making lights shows. I love the software and I have used it as my weapon of choice for many installations and live gigs, and I also appreciate how you guy are constantly developing it and and improving. But it seems like this last update hurt me more than it help, and it doesn't really sound like there is a solution. How long until V8 ?? lol
REESEMIX

Postby support » 27 January 2015, 08:00

Some feedback from other Windows 8 forumers would be welcome.

Message for forumers who read this post, and who are using our software under Windows 8, could you please tell us:
- are you able to select some fixtures together in 2DView, using the key shift or ctrl ?
- in the menu "Preferences", are the the title of tabs "GPS" and "Network" correct ?
- does Live play the scenes made in Pixels ?
- did you see any other abnormal behaviour ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons