external control greyed out on live settings [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

external control greyed out on live settings [fixed]

Postby niesten » 07 January 2015, 00:29

Hi support,

I just installed version 7.1.23 on my new laptop.
On my old laptop I still worked with version 6.33 in combination with live-mobile on my iphone and ipad.
I was happy to see that my old shows could just be loaded into the new version and worked as expected :-)
However, I was not able to connect with my iphone (app version 2.3.1) to the software (v 7.1.23) on my new laptop :-(
(IP address were checked and aligned).
When checking the settings on the live tab, I noticed that in the groupbox "external control" the checkbox "enabled" was checked and the field password contained the correct password. However, both fields were greyed out, so I am not able to change them.
So my questions are:
1) why are these fields greyed out?
2) what could cause the fact that live-mobile can't connect to sweetlight version 7.1.23 on my new laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Roger
niesten

Re: external control greyed out on live settings

Postby Pink LD » 07 January 2015, 06:53

I just checked on my settings and while it is checked, it is greyed out. So I went to the main window, clicked file, scrolled down to Preferences, and I don't see where you turn on external control. Am I missing something?
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 07 January 2015, 07:06

Sorry, sorry. I found it. On the main window under File select Preferences, then go to Network Tab look down to the second entry of External App, click on box to right to enable. Problem solved. Hope that helps you.
Pink LD

Postby niesten » 07 January 2015, 20:20

Got it.
Now it works again, tnx!
niesten

Return to Live - Buttons