Super Buttons

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Super Buttons

Postby Pink LD » 22 December 2014, 18:26

I have heard you folks are working on ver 8 as we speak but I would like to make a request for a feature.
This weekend I ran a show without a wing console and ran into all kinds of problems but first and foremost were my performer wash LED to NC. I need those buttons to override any other command given to them until I release those buttons.
I understand how stacked features work as each Macro is pressed the software considers the buttons from page order of first to last, and one each page from left to right, so all my override pages are the last pages of the 100 odd I use.
Now the buttons I am using are keyboard triggered but as soon as I change the overall wash colour via macro or individual button command, that button interferes with my override of the particular lights I have in NC for which ever performer I have highlighted.

Now you may suggest that I just devote particular lights to performer spots and take them out of the mix of my general wash, but due to space of venue requirements on tour, different light in the wash are used on any given night depending on whether I hang 1/2, 2/3rds, or the full lighting rig. From a setup perspective of the LD, assigning to the Macros what lights I am using for each performer on any given night and a quick update of that button is pretty quick and easy.
But I still would need those Macros ti be super buttons, top priority over everything else until the Macro is released.
Pink LD

Re: Super Buttons

Postby caboose1408 » 23 December 2014, 01:13

Good idea!
caboose1408

Postby zkflow » 23 December 2014, 23:52

+1
zkflow

Postby Pink LD » 24 December 2014, 19:41

At least, in my application, I can work around the problem by using the colour Macro channel on my LED par wash fixtures. The Colour Macro channel on the has a higher priority than the RGB faders.

Still I would like some sort of Super Buttons/Macros or Live page designation in dropdown menu, like "Make this Page Super/Priority".
Pink LD

Postby caboose1408 » 26 December 2014, 14:33

That would be helpful.

Also every time I start up the program, I have to adjust faders to the right position with my MIDI input device. Master faders dont seem to have higher priority over MIDI Input.
caboose1408

Postby FraBob » 26 December 2014, 17:36

+1
FraBob

Return to Live - Buttons