[Windows 7+] Issue with button triggers & page menus [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

[Windows 7+] Issue with button triggers & page menus [fixed]

Postby gordferguson » 08 December 2014, 23:03

Hi there,

I seem to be having an issue with keyboard button triggers on the Sweetlight live page. I have keyboard button triggers set to change gobos and have also setup some flash keys.

Whenever I select a different page from the dropdown menu above the live buttons though and then use one of the keyboard button triggers it changes the dropdown menu to a different page that begins with the keyboard letter of the button that I've pressed.

I've tried ensuring the menu is deselected and trying again but it seems that anytime I have opened a dropdown menu, every keyboard button trigger affects the last dropdown that was opened.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? I have tried using the latest version (23rd Nov) and am still having this issue.

Many thanks,
Gordon
gordferguson

Re: Issue with button triggers and page menus

Postby Niffo » 10 December 2014, 10:09

This is a new feature of Windows since Windows 7 to be able to find a line in a ComboBox (DropDown List) using the Keyboard.

Workarounded for the next release.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Issue with button triggers and page menus

Postby support » 10 December 2014, 16:48

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [Windows 7+] Issue with button triggers & page menus [fi

Postby caboose1408 » 23 December 2014, 01:16

I changed all pages to start with "001" format. I would press "0" and scroll through, with the new update I'm unable to use numbers.
caboose1408

Postby support » 23 December 2014, 20:39

Sorry for this, but keyboard keys are for buttons.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 24 December 2014, 00:43

I have dealt with this for awhile, but nevervposted about it. Now I see this and a workaround so I tried it.
When the dropdown menu is opened a keyboard press will work once, and then the choice is locked, the arrow up or down doesn't even work.

Still that one keypress will also trigger the shortcut I have assigned to it.

In a perfect world I would like the dropdown menu when opened to ignore keyboard triggers, so I can use alpha-numeric key presses to get to the group of sekections I want and then I can mouse over and click, touch, or up/down arrow my selection with an enter/return key press to confirm selection.
At that point the dropdown would close and keypresses would return to keyboard shortcuts.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons