Multi touch

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Multi touch

Postby cale369 » 25 November 2014, 20:16

Any news as far as developers even considering multitouch operations for win 8? Seriously would put you guys and girls at the top of software dmx control if you could get that. I understand it takes a great deal to get that developed, but this is just one opinion for a user. I like your product and the way it works now, but would have to switch to the software who wins that race, it's much needed and would make my shows that much more crisp and enjoyable
cale369

Re: Multi touch

Postby zkflow » 25 November 2014, 23:38

+1

agree.. the future its about touch screens... i'm developing a setup using only a big 22'' touchscreen + a cheap midi controller (probably the nanokontrol)... talking about software... showxpress have the potential to be a world-class software!!!
zkflow

Postby support » 26 November 2014, 17:48

We keep that in mind, but we already started to code the next major version (V8), and we can not work on that before V8 is ready.
Moreover, we presently face a big problem: so far MacOS is not friendly with multi-touch. That would be also great to wait that both OS are multi-touch friendly.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby cale369 » 18 December 2014, 08:09

since multitouch is out, have you considered having the pages being midi addressable? Case and point, could I use a midi controller with multiple banks and have Bank 1 bring up page 1 in live. Then address the buttons accordingly? It would be a way to have multitouch, and not have to wait for Mac. This would be the best alternative that I could imagine! Hope you get this in time before v8
cale369

Postby Pink LD » 18 December 2014, 19:22

Yeah, what is up with Mac OS? They led the touchscreen market in iPods/iPads but refuse to go into the touch experience on PCs. They (Apple) say they have built an experience for PC users based on mouse and keyboard and don't wish to disturb it.

Sadly, that has meant the folks who make this software in a quandry for multi-platform development. Frankly I wish the developers could just toss in the towel on Mac OS and go on providing PC Win/Android support. I have twin multi-touch monitors, a multi-touch tablet, and 3 multi-touch PCs. But I am left with only 1 touch capability. I don't even need 10 touch, but at least 3 or ideally 5 point touch.

But again, it is Apple/Mac's fault. Get with the times Apple/Mac. What are you doing? Making a better horse wagon for the 21st century?!?
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons