Multiple Audio at one time with separate mixer control

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Multiple Audio at one time with separate mixer control

Postby pogjack » 12 November 2014, 04:35

Just incase anyone is interested, I have found a couple of ways to play 2 audio tracs at one time. PS. I don't currently run my system stereo.

My situation was to play a track, but have another sound effect track come in at different times, but keep the original track playing. Also, bring down the original track, play the sound effect, and bring back up the original track as it keeps playing. This will eliminate any brief silences while Showxpress is stopping and starting the audios.

Solution: For this situation I made my original track edited to just come out the Left channel. I edited the sound effect to come out of the Right channel. They are both separate tracks not mixed together. The original track I made a button in Live and play it through there. The sound effect, I used Windows Movie Maker (or whatever works for you), and created a black video (imported a black page into the video slot). I then inserted my sound effect into the video and saved as a video.

What happens: My Live audio button plays the original track through my left channel which comes out my system as mono, and when I play the video button in Live, the sound effect plays out of the Right channel (mono to speakers also). I have separate control of both the audios, so I can turn down the original track while the sound effect plays and then turn it up again, or however I want to do it.
pogjack

Re: Multiple Audio at one time with separate mixer control

Postby support » 12 November 2014, 07:57

Thank you for this tip.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons