Macro updating not saved [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Macro updating not saved [fixed]

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 September 2014, 13:43

It appears that as of latley Ver 7.1.12 on a PC, updating a Macro is only temporary, when I open SX it reverts back to a previously stored Macro than the one I've updated...

Should I also be saving Live as well after the Macro update?

I will reconfirm that software is doing this later today

I use the same page of Macros on both the Main and Child windows...
Earl Harvey

Re: Macro updating

Postby support » 28 September 2014, 13:55

The Live screen (pages & all buttons) is saved when you exit the software, or when you press the button "save".

We made a test with only three buttons and one macro button, and it works ok.
May be we need a bigger lightshow to see the problem ?
Are you able to reproduce the problem, with a very small lightshow ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Macro updating

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 September 2014, 21:48

it seems to be doing ok for now... I'll get back to you if it continues...
Earl Harvey

Re: Macro updating not saved [fixed]

Postby Pink LD » 06 November 2014, 13:08

I would like to add that every now and then the software crashes. And when I reboot all my macros revert to the last time I shutdown the software. Not the last time I hit the Save button in Live.
I no longer use the Save button, I just shutdown software every 10 mins during focuses and Macro updates. It is the only way to be sure Macros and any other changes to live will be saved.
Pink LD

Postby Earl Harvey » 06 November 2014, 23:06

Noticed it again today too... also had another software app running at the same time (Virtual DJ) crashed while making a fixture visible in 3-D, Havent had many crashes at all...
Earl Harvey

Postby Pink LD » 06 November 2014, 23:11

I haven't had many crashes either, maybe 3 since updating to V7. Usually the crash is midshow and pops a red box with info on the crash, but I have not had the chance to photograph the fail screen as I am to involved rebooting computer to get bavk into the show. and it takes me 20 seconds to do a full reboot.
Pink LD

Postby Niffo » 07 November 2014, 11:41

Pink LD wrote:I would like to add that every now and then the software crashes. And when I reboot all my macros revert to the last time I shutdown the software. Not the last time I hit the Save button in Live.
I no longer use the Save button, I just shutdown software every 10 mins during focuses and Macro updates. It is the only way to be sure Macros and any other changes to live will be saved.

We just checked : On our side, the "Save" button in the Live toolbar saves macro updates.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 07 November 2014, 16:33

And I am telling you that in the field if the software crashes it will revert to the last hard save which is the last log out.

I call the Live save button a "Soft Save", if everything goes right that save works. But I prefer the Hard Save. It is bulletproof and has never let me down midshow. Whereas the Soft Save has let me down, 3 times.

The lab is one thing, on the frontline of a gig midshow is quite another. So for now I'll stick with rebooting the software to be absolutely sure my macros and updates are saved.
Pink LD

Postby JohnRichards » 08 November 2014, 09:56

@Support.
I have just done the same as Ashley. On my desktop, i changed macros, used the "Save" button, and then pulled the power plug, my best way to emulate a crash. My saves were not saved.
John Richards
JohnRichards

Postby Niffo » 10 November 2014, 10:07

@JohnRichards
Writes on the hard drive are not real time. OSs uses cache and "modern" filesystems are journalized, so they restore files in the last known clean state when restarting after a power off.

If you want to check if macros are saved, you only have to check the "yourlightshow/Live/live.ini" file.
Niffo
Administrateur

Next

Return to Live - Buttons