Macro updating not saved [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Re: Macro updating not saved [fixed]

Postby Pink LD » 10 November 2014, 10:21

In the field I use an uninterruptable power supply so loss of power is not a factor to losing Live macro updates per show. And I use a 10 minute protocol to logging out of programme as my full focus/macro updates take 30-45 minutes for upstage and downstage mover updates. It is what works in the field. Trust me. I do 80 shows a year in a variety of conditions. Today was an outdoor show outside of Lambeau for a pre-game show, 3.5 hr nonstop show.
I even had to make several updates midshow. And as soon as I can rely on the box to run the saved scene, I logged off and back onto the software to be sure the macro updates were hard updated.
Pink LD

Postby support » 10 November 2014, 17:06

We checked very carefully the source code:
- there is one single function which writes the states of the pages & buttons (and Macros) in the lightshow
- when you exit the program, this function is called
- when you press the button "Save", this function is called to

So right now, we do not see how there could be two different behaviours.

Sorry for that. Just please be convinced that we do our best to help you.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 10 November 2014, 17:56

I don't doubt it does. I was just stating my practical solution in the field that works. And I only added on to this thread because Earl Harvey and I have talked about this at length.
And last night I was so rushed in setup that I failed to log out and back in after updates. And "BAMM!" I had a rare crash, and when I got the software back up and running again I had lost my macro updates and my Live page showed on page 1 of board 1, a single blank macro that is in red and says "CRASH!". Placing that button is the last thing I do closing out a show. So if, on say a crash, I have immediate confirmation that I have lost Macro updates and I need to institute crash protocols.

Thanks again for looking into it. I don't understand how the field and lab behaviours can be different either, I just know that they are and that I am still employing a practical workaround that is acceptable, so long as one remember to use it.
Pink LD

Previous

Return to Live - Buttons