All in one touch screen Compatible?

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

All in one touch screen Compatible?

Postby cale369 » 24 September 2014, 17:05

I am thinking about purchasing a all in one touchscreen with windows 8, have there been any revisions to the software to allow multitouch? Also, has the flash buttons been modified to allow for one touch only, or is it still double click? Any feedback would be great considering it will help way in on my decision to purchase or not
cale369

Re: All in one touch screen Compatible?

Postby Pink LD » 24 September 2014, 18:52

Here is my 2 cents worth. Touch on PCs is the way forward. However Mac refuses to go touch with their PCs. So developers here are over a barrel making the software work on multiple platforms. I don't see them supporting multi-touch anytime soon.
However single touch is better than no touch. I still mouse and keyboard plenty. Also flash buttons have always worked in single touch PC environments. My double click solution was for the app, though I noticed this weekend that my app on tablet now supports single touch flash buttons.

I have also played with Bluestacks tablet emulator on PC, basically makes your PC a tablet. And when I ran the emulator on my multi touch screen and used the ShowXpress app I was able to do multitouch.
So if you can do your show with only the app? Then with a tablet emulator you can have multi-touch.
Pink LD

Postby cale369 » 24 September 2014, 21:23

okay, how does that app compare to the live setup on a pc? Can you still have 2 pages, then modify the pages with how many banks there are?
cale369

Postby Pink LD » 24 September 2014, 21:28

The app is just a playback window. You push buttons.
Also it is linked via WiFi to Live, you make a change in Live on the PC and the app kicks you out because Live changed. So you have to log back in. I only use the app for a couple songs on my setlist so I can walk around and have a smoke or go to the bathroom. One show I do is 3.5 hrs nonstop/no breaks. The other is 2.5 hours nonstop/no breaks. So you can see why I like to walk around now and then.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 24 September 2014, 21:36

And by playback window I mean that it is just an button on whatever device you are using.
And don't forget that you can make keyboard triggers. I have a keyboard and PC that support 4 touch. I use my keyboard for 26 lower case shortcuts, and up to 26 cap case shortcuts.
Pink LD

Return to Live - Buttons