The "Save" button does not save as expected

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

The "Save" button does not save as expected

Postby Pink LD » 08 September 2014, 05:14

Twice in the last 6 months I have had an unusually software crash. No mind, I say midshow, it is seconds to get back into software. But when I get back into software every pallette/scene/focus spot I have updated prior to the current show has been lost and defaults back to the last time I shutdown the programme. Which is usually the previous day's shows focus/scene/pallette updates.
I use the the Live Save button religiously, I've learned that lesson more than once the hard way, but in this case it really doesn't matter that I have used the save button.
Currently my workaround is to logout of software every 5-10 minutes of my 45 minute focus routine for each show.
Why doesn't the Save Button in Live not work as advertised?
Pink LD

Re: Software Crashes

Postby Earl Harvey » 08 September 2014, 09:04

I can second that...
Earl Harvey

Re: The "Save" button does not save as expected

Postby support » 09 September 2014, 10:02

We double checked the code. "Software quit" and "Save" actions both call the same procedure which rebuild each time the configuration file.
We presently do not understand why the result would not be the same.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 09 September 2014, 11:01

I believe you. But twice in the field I have had Live crash, Windows 8 go into "Searching for a solution" mode, and when I get back into the software I am back to the previous time I logged out.
Problem is it has happened during a show, so I don't have time to investigate, I am too busy on the talkback telling the guys that they just hit their blocking and I will manually find them.
Perhaps Earl Harvey can add to this with more specifics of his experience?
Pink LD

Postby Earl Harvey » 09 September 2014, 13:44

Although I haven't experienced a crash in awhile...
I have noticed some strange residuals while moving buttons, when I'm finished moving the button in live it gets stuck in and wont uncheck the button... :roll:
The saving Live and returning back to it unsaved has happened a few times but until Brother "Pink" pointed it out I just assumed it was operator error... when it happens again I will be sure to make note of it and pass along any helpful info...

for the most part things are pretty smooth with 7.1.5 I havent updated to 7.1.? because I'm not using a Mac...

As for improvements... we'll save that for another thread...

now about those q-spot 260 gobos in 3-D... Hmm.... :?
Earl Harvey

Return to Live - Buttons