Ghost DMX triggering and other V-7 anomalies

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Re: Ghost DMX triggering and other V-7 anomalies

Postby SWFL LD » 06 August 2014, 17:42

I store all lightshows on a jumpdrive and update it with any programming changes.
Is there a site or page with previous versions to DL?
My favorite is 6.3.2 beta.
I liked it because it's the only version that lets you change the entire page from snap to fade in/out instead of just scenes.
I found that feature very handy because 90% of the lighting work I do is either for live bands or theatrical and it eliminated the need for creating multiple pages in live.
Thanks again.
SWFL LD

Postby support » 07 August 2014, 07:45

Sorry but we do not keep/support the old software versions.

it's the only version that lets you change the entire page from snap to fade in/out instead of just scenes"

We do not understand this. All further versions are supposed to do the same !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SWFL LD » 08 August 2014, 19:33

[attachment=0]ShowXpress V6.32 live beta with page dimming.There was a live beta that maybe a user created that included the fade in and fade out options in the page menu.
I DLed it 11/19/2012.
The file was just the live app. I had to copy and replace in V6.31 program folder.
Worked great.
There was even a fader to control the fade speed.
Currently, I'm more concerned with the intermittent full on flash that's been system wide.
Flashes become more frequent as the night goes on.
The x-factor interface is drawing it's power from a laptop via usb.
I believe the x-factor is power starved and needs it's own PS.
Could the way he has the x-factor powered create the flash problem?

[deleted]
SWFL LD

Postby support » 09 August 2014, 22:20

Oh we forgot this page fade option. We made a test that we gave up for the button fade option. So no way for us to get back an executable with this.

We do not think the "intermittent full on flash" could be due to a problem of power. It looks more like a memory management problem from our software. We will make more tests. if you can see it with your lightshow, please post it and tell us what actions to do to see it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SWFL LD » 12 August 2014, 03:57

You guys are great. Thanks for all your help.
Today I was at the club that's been giving me problems. (2013 Gateway laptop, X-Factor interface)
Last week I was forced to jump back to win 6.3.2. after multiple problems with upgrading to 7 two weeks ago
After I overcame the android tablet issues and thoroughly tested the system, I decided to take a chance and try upgrading to 7.1.5 again.
I completely un-installed all previous versions, deleted "the lighting controller" folder from C:/Users/Admin and proceeded with a fresh download and install of ShowXpres_win7.1.5.
After starting the program, importing the show files and loading the show, right away all fixtures went completely buggy. Random spikes of all channels full on.
The longer it ran, the worse and more frequent the problem became.
I checked the data stream speed 1st. It was set to Med. Tried both other settings but no difference (yes, I closed and re-started the program after each speed change).
I then unplugged the DMX OUT from the X-Factor.
All of my led pars froze on the last color scene and stopped bugging out. The problem stopped which means it's not a ground loop in my DMX chain. In fact, I'm using an isolated active splitter just after the X-Factor which further decreases the chances of a ground loop reaching the X-Factor at all.
Plugged DMX back in and everything went buggy again.
Un-installed 7 again, dis connected usb to X-Factor, deleted TLC folder and re-installed 6.3.2 and viola! Everything worked fine.
My conclusion:
My X-Factor and rack plus units seem to work fine with 7, but this client's X-Factor doesn't.
The DLL file fix- efk_hardware.dll doesn't seem to work on all older interfaces.
Could this be because of differences in firmware versions among these 1st gen interfaces?
It won't break my heart if I can't upgrade this venue. I really just needed the 4 master faders which I have now so no biggie.
My client decided to take the cheap road and buy a dis-continued piece of gear. Neither one of us should be expected to support it forever.

Now about losing the page fade option, sorry, but I have to say BOOOO!!
OMG, this was one of the best features ever. Without it, I'm forced to create 2 wash pages- 1 fade and 1- snap.
The real inconvenience of this is realized while busking for a band on a tablet.
Just sayin.
SWFL LD

Postby support » 12 August 2014, 07:40

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Live - Buttons