Multipoint Touch Monitors

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Multipoint Touch Monitors

Postby Pink LD » 29 June 2014, 20:24

I am curious what other folks experiences are with multi-touch monitors are. By all tests I've done this seems to be a limitation issue of Live/Software and not my monitors.
I am currently using two 23 inch Acer 10 point touch with an Asus T100 hybrid with Win 8.1 64 bit.
In any other programme I can do multi touches but not in ShowXpress.
Also my flash buttons again require double taps to work, long presses bring up button submenu.
Pink LD

Re: Multipoint Touch Monitors

Postby Pink LD » 30 June 2014, 16:17

So the current touch monitor I am using treats to 10 point touch seperate from the mouse/pointer so I use both touch and mouse depending on what I am doing.
If I use the onscreen keyboard I can trigger multiple keyboard triggers.
If I use my keyboard I can only trigger 2 keyboard triggers.
If I remote into my PC with my 10 point touch tablet I can keyboard or touch trigger multiple buttons/triggers.
-However the 2.3.3 version of Live Mobile is unstable. It is hit or miss on my phone or either tablet if buttons engage and/or release. It is so bad I have stopped using the app for now.
Pink LD

Postby Niffo » 03 July 2014, 08:51

Please can you describe the exact problems you are having with Live Mobile 2.3.3 ? What version of Android do you use ? How to reproduce these problems ?
Do you have same issues using Live Mobile 2.3.3 with the V6 software ?

Regards.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 03 July 2014, 08:54

I will have to get back to you on this, I'm on a 4 day run.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 July 2014, 15:32

In the grand scheme of things I had trouble for awhile with the app, so much so that in the grind of the touring I have shifted away from using it. So much so I don't really have the time or energy to go figure out what it is doing.
As such I have shifted my entire setup, multi-touch monitors and backup systems to accommodate going to an Avolites Titan Mobile console/software.
We have had a plethora of these pop up in my local area and they are kicking my ass in what they can do. It seems the industry is finally catching on the LDs want and small powerful digital consoles and touch screens. Not that I haven't come across more and more GrandMA2's of late, such as the house console when my guys oened for Cheap Trick at Summerfest Milwaukee on Sunday. Or the recent Luke Bryan gig I did at Country USA in Oshkosh Wisconsin. They had 3 GMA2's One at FOH, one on stage for focus, and a spare.
There are still things that a pure software approach could do that could still trump console approaches, but I don't see you going in that direction.
Here is just a couple of examples:
-Cross universe patching
-multi-universe patching to wing console
-10 point touch monitor support

Having said that? Your roduct has been wonderful for moving into the digital era, the 3D imager included was pretty good and it was included, and support for problems and development have been phenomonal throughout the years. You have your reasons and particular markets you are catering to, I am not putting anything down that you do. However you know I amon tbe pro side if lighting and touring, though I almost never busk as I work with 4 bands and a custom light rig with leased extras to complement each season, all while buying and using newer better fixtures. I rarely have a show where I am not incorporating some new fixture(s) and adding in features from house/festival fixtures.
Pink LD

Postby support » 08 July 2014, 22:53

We understand and we respect your choice.
We effectively want to keep covering some other markets, with our multi-platform software.

Thank you for your precious feedback during these years.
We wish you the best for the future.

Support team
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 July 2014, 23:04

Oh I have smaller rigs I will still run with this software. So I am not going anywhere. But my pro touring gigs I will have to upgrade.
Pink LD

Postby support » 09 July 2014, 07:25

This is a very good news for us :)

So, we have a chance to see, in the near future, some posts from you in this forum, with key points from your new software for "pro touring gigs", which could eventually be added in our software ;)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 09 July 2014, 07:37

For right now I would be happy with more than 2 point touches from keyboards and the app, and up to 10 point touches on each monitor that supports it.
However I understand it is not a simple thing. How touchscreens interpret touch gestures vary. I choose ones that operate touches/gestures separate than mouse inputs.
It is also the same for me when it comes to keyboards. I choose ones that don't repeat letters on long presses and can do multi-point touches. Every keyboard can do 3, because you have to be able to do the 3 fingered salute. Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Again, I love what you do, and I am not complaining.I just have to consider the overall big picture and where we each fit into it. You still make a great product. And I am a fan.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 16 July 2014, 12:13

Updates:
-My keyboards are now triggering 4 keys simultaneously. I am fine with that.
-I addressed the Mobile App problem in another post I just posted.
-I still can't figure out why I can have 10 point touch on my monitors with say MS Paint, but only 2 point touch will work for ShowXpress V7. Yet the Mobile app 2.3.3 on my 10 point Android tablet supports at least 8 points (I have only so many fingers!)
Last edited by Pink LD on 16 July 2014, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Pink LD

Next

Return to Live - Buttons