request - "override all" button option

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

request - "override all" button option

Postby dumbfungus » 25 January 2023, 12:57

I’d like to see a right click menu option for buttons that will keep them in priority and never change, regardless if another scene / generator button is clicked.

Let’s say I have a button that turns all my LED pars to red, but I need one of those to stay as white no matter what.

I propose this ..
- I make a button with that one light as white.
- I select this new “always priority” option.
- now, if I switch that group of fixtures to another color, all except that one fixture change.
- I can then unselect that new button when it’s time to release , and it goes back along with the rest of the group.

Macros could be an option except that I have so many buttons and scenes that it’s simply unreasonable to create a hundred macros to allow this. So an “override all” option would be the easiest / fastest / least confusion solution.

Please and thanks
dumbfungus

Re: Feature request: override all button option

Postby muscanto » 07 February 2023, 04:13

+1

Side note, I've been asking for manual priority for a few years now. Being able to set a value in a range of 0-255 would be ideal so you can have different priorities levels that ignore LPT but the software could fall back to LPT if no override priority buttons are selected.
muscanto

Re: request - "override all" button option

Postby support » 07 February 2023, 09:29

There is presently one stack for all scenes played in section "Live". Each new added scene goes at the end of the stack and it overrides the active channels of the previous scenes.
The "override all" scenes option would require to build a second stack. This is a substantial job which would require to make a BETA version of the software.

We look forward to see the other user's mind.

FYI, the next software handles HTP.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: request - "override all" button option

Postby muscanto » 13 March 2023, 17:55

HTP as an option would be nice for certain scenarios but it makes program much more difficult unless us as the user can decide what is taking priority.

I can't speak to the stack programming since I don't have experience writing software but if it's possible to make this work it would drastically chance what is possible with significantly less buttons.
muscanto

Return to Live - Buttons