Handling fade ins on the fly

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Handling fade ins on the fly

Postby muscanto » 17 July 2022, 19:59

Support,

I have two feature requests for fade ins:

1. Can you make it possible to do a fade in with a macro? When scenes are called up with that macro, they then are faded in overriding the scenes fade in time or if it doesn't have fade in activated?

2. Can there be a quick fade in button on Live and Mobile that if you push it, whatever scene or macro you select after gets a fade in?

Have multiple buttons do the same thing is cumbersome when you have a lot of scenes and macros already.
muscanto

Re: Handling fade ins on the fly

Postby support » 19 July 2022, 15:47

Can you make it possible to do a fade in with a macro?

A Macro is just a "trigger" key which emulates a click over the linked scene buttons. So this is not possible.

Can there be a quick fade in button on Live and Mobile that if you push it, whatever scene or macro you select after gets a fade in?

Interesting idea which needs to be discussed with several users, because of several questions:
- for all, or specific Board, or specific Page, ...
- only "force fade in" is required (not "force fade out", "force snap in", "force snap out", ...)
- where to put the(se) functions(s)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby muscanto » 19 July 2022, 16:25

The second option would solve my problem and greatly reduce the need for duplicate buttons. It could be be two buttons 1. Force Fade In 2. Force Fade Out and both would be available on both Live and Mobile and would be on the top near the freeze button. There could be an option in the live menu to determine if these buttons force a "Snap" or "Fade" function. In my case, I would most likely have it set to "Fade" all the time. When I realize on the spot that I need a look, I don't want it to fade in, I want it to come up right away.

If you can use a macro button detection method to determine if a macro is pressed, you could then collect the list of buttons in that macro and override fade on all those buttons. I use a TON of macros so I don't have to change programming to get mixed looks for various shows/events, the fade override would be incredibly useful with macros.
muscanto

Postby support » 01 August 2022, 09:47

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons