Slow to respond fixtures

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Slow to respond fixtures

Postby muscanto » 27 June 2022, 18:27

I have a handful of Aura Wash knock off fixtures from a chinese manufacture that has been around for some time.

They work fairly well but one problem I am noticing is that if I have a generator file running that tells them to move in slow circles and then I activate a steps scene that forces them to all point to a single location, sometimes one or two of the fixtures will take odd travel motions to get there instead of going straight to the scene.

Is this a problem with the software or the fixtures responding to the DMX? It seems to be inconsistent. Unfortunately, I don't have another brand of similar fixture to test with to see if it's the fixture. If I run the scene directly from a home position scene, there are no issues.

Thoughts?
muscanto

Re: Slow to respond fixtures

Postby muscanto » 28 June 2022, 05:03

I spoke to a friend that uses different software but has the same fixtures. He does not have this problem.

The steps scene has snap instead of fade set for all the channels so the DMX signal being sent should be to move to that location as fast as possible for X/Y. Is there something I am missing?
muscanto

Postby Bob_be » 28 June 2022, 14:08

Does the fixture(s) have a speed control channel? Is it possible that those channels are active in your steps scene?
Bob_be

Postby muscanto » 28 June 2022, 14:55

These fixtures have two modes - 14ch and 18ch. They are in the 14ch mode that does not have a speed channel to indicate the speed at which the fixtures will move. I did check on that. The speed issues seem to be inconsistent.
muscanto

Postby Bob_be » 29 June 2022, 15:05

muscanto wrote:sometimes one or two of the fixtures will take odd travel motions to get there instead of going straight to the scene.

This might be because of the orientation of the fixture at the time when called to move to a certain position. It can not physically move in the shortest path, but has to swing around to get the the proper position.
Bob_be

Return to Live - Buttons