Automated method to creating a count down

create scenes for multi-RGB channels fixtures

Automated method to creating a count down

Postby rockinmo816 » 21 September 2016, 17:37

Is there a way to create a 9-0 countdown using pixels? I have some 5x5 matrix panels RGB and I've done this in the past by manually setting the channels and colors to full to create the number I want. I can do it again but it was very time consuming. I didn't know if there was a way to manually select which pixel was on using Pixels, and then selecting color and intensity. Almost like steps. I know we have the ability to load images and GIF's, but they don't seem to work exactly for what I need. No big deal if not, just trying to utilize this to the best of its potential.

Thank you
-Josh
rockinmo816

Re: Automated method to creating a count down

Postby support » 22 September 2016, 07:12

No, there is not "countdown" function in Pixels.
We usually suggest to use animated GIF files for that, but the result will be certainly not good enough because of the small res (5x5).
In our opinion, even by programming each pixel separately, it will be difficult to do that in a so small res.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Niffo » 22 September 2016, 07:56

For the result you want, you have to create a 5x5 pixels animated GIF for example in "Gimp", then you will have the exact same result in Pixels.
But downsizing a bigger animated GIF will never be clean in a so small resolution.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby rockinmo816 » 22 September 2016, 16:30

Thanks, i will try that GIF method. Didn't think of that. Appreciate the tip!
-Josh
rockinmo816

Return to Pixels