7 CH ColorBAND PIX DMX Address not working [fixed]

create scenes for multi-RGB channels fixtures

7 CH ColorBAND PIX DMX Address not working [fixed]

Postby gonzrich » 29 March 2015, 04:38

I'm not able to get Pixel mapping to work with my ColorBAND PIXes. Here is my setup:

I have 2 Chauvet ColorBAND PIX bars and 1 ColorBAND PIX Mini. I have these on top of my 10' center truss as follows:

ColorBAND PIX #1 (7 CH), DMX Address: 035 - 041, located on the right of my truss
ColorBAND PIX #2 (7 CH), DMX Address: 042 - 047, located on the left of my truss
ColorBAND PIX Mini #1 (7 CH), DMX Address: 048 - 054, located in the middle (between ColorBAND #1 and ColorBAND #2)

When I import ColorBAND PIX #1 into the Pixels screen, I go ahead and set the DMX Address = 35, but down in the matrix section, I notice that it goes out to the full 36 channel profile, even though I'm using the 7 channel profile. I didn't know how to tell it to use the 7 channel profile so I played around with the 'Shared Channels' fields and that seemed to correct the address range but when I created a Chase Effect and Applied it, nothing happened, the light flickered a few times but nothing else... something is not set up correctly.

I was hoping someone could please help me with this. What am I doing wrong?
gonzrich

Re: 7 CH ColorBAND PIX DMX Address not working in Pixels

Postby support » 29 March 2015, 09:45

In Pixels, you have to use the ".pxl" profile (made for Pixels), which has 36 RGB channels.
- right click in Pixels and select "Add fixture"
- click on "open fixture" button in the toolbar (top left of window)
- select "Chauvet/COLORband Pix.pxl" and clock "open"
- close the window "Fixture properties"
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby gonzrich » 29 March 2015, 20:37

Thank you very much! Once I use the 36 channel mode it does work fine in Pixels.

That information would be nice to know but it's not mentioned in the User Manual or anywhere else.
gonzrich

Postby support » 29 March 2015, 21:21

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Pixels