request - virtual dimmer for RGB channels

create scenes with shape generator

request - virtual dimmer for RGB channels

Postby muscanto » 23 August 2021, 18:34

Hello Support,

Is there anyway you can work with Chauvet for better support for 4bar USB products in the Generator?

The current channel configuration on the 4bar products (ex 4bar USB) Is very limited since they only have a dimmer channel for the entire fixture (all 4 light heads). Each head has RGB control but not individual dimmer control.

I'm not sure who to contact at Chauvet but the generator is very limited with this fixture due to this. Maybe there is a work around? It would be nice if there was a way to group colors (RGB) as a fake dimmer channel so I can do intensity chases with the generator to work around this limitation?

Currently I have to build scenes using calculations to cut the R-G-B outputs in half to reduce intensity, but that has it's own set of limitations and is very time consuming to program new looks.

I'm sure there are fixtures out there that have no dimmer channel that would benefit this as well for users that want to do dimmer based generator projects.

Thanks
muscanto

Re: Support for Chauvet Bar products

Postby support » 24 August 2021, 08:10

We do not really understand why these fixtures do not have a dmx control mode with individual dimmer channel for each RGB channels, but we understand that this is presently not easy to chase dimming effects for such dmx fixtures with Generator.

The next big major software version already integrates the "virtual dimmer" feature. When the channel "dimmer" is not physically existing, our software adds one virtual channel called "virtual dimmer" which dims the RGB channels.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for that. We can not announce any release date for now. Sorry for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: request - virtual dimmer for RGB channels

Postby muscanto » 24 August 2021, 13:22

That is super exciting!

Any chance I can get a beta preview?
muscanto

Re: request - virtual dimmer for RGB channels

Postby SeekLighting » 24 August 2021, 21:00

Virtual Dimmers sounds like a great feature! Looking forward to it
SeekLighting