A generated scene at the start is different

create scenes with shape generator

A generated scene at the start is different

Postby Pink LD » 22 April 2017, 14:52

I am using V 8.2.19 but what I have observed is that the behaviour of a generated scene at the start is different if I have the shift/delay fan function slid left versus right. When the shift is slid left from 0 the fixtures, except for the 1st fixture, all start at X/Y of 255 and then drive to step one when it is their turn to start at step 1 of the generator movement.

If I slide the shift to the right from 0 the fixtures start inside the pattern correctly.

So my workaround for now has been to change all the shifts to the right, but that has made the shift to the left unusable.

I have observed this across multiple shows and different moving fixtures. If necessary I can provide video of this behaviour later in the week.
Pink LD

Re: Generator Bug

Postby support » 22 April 2017, 15:07

Please do not use generated scenes (from Generator to Steps) in V8.
The "generate" process is destructive, and V8 is able to play native Generator scenes.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: A generated scene at the start is different

Postby Pink LD » 22 April 2017, 15:33

I am not not doing that. I am using .gpj in Live. I know that I am because the button has a G not an S. But that does not address the bug. I have imported the V7 show long ago and have deleted all .sce files, and the old generator file from scenes. And I have updated all old generator buttons to call the .gpj files.

But the shift in Generator still has the left shift bug. I have observed it in multiple shows, on multiple fixture types, on 3D, and sometimes even in Generator. (IN the video I couldn't get Generator to do the full buggy performance but it did some of it).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzwF3XD64jqlVnRhX3R2ZGJXdTg
Pink LD

Return to Editor - Generator