Fixture Ordering

create scenes with shape generator

Fixture Ordering

Postby Clgsound » 17 August 2016, 16:25

Support, I have one request that I'm sure anyone who uses a medium to large rig would also love.
when you go into generator select your lights you then i have to go to fixture order and it automatically has them ordered by their DMX address. would there be a way to have them ordered by the arrangement in the 2D view. Because most people set that up to mimic their rig. still have the option to manually order if one would like but options like left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top, etc.
Clgsound

Re: Fixture Ordering

Postby support » 17 August 2016, 21:30

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 23 August 2016, 22:05

Please note that the fixtures order is saved in the project.
So you can start from an existing project, and use the "Save As" function.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Clgsound » 26 August 2016, 12:50

Support I do open from an existing file now then save as. But with 30 or more fixtures the tiny window that is there currently for fixture order is a pain in the butt initially because you can't resize the window or scroll left to right to read what light it is. The click and move one at a time is a pain.
Clgsound

Postby Niffo » 26 August 2016, 13:31

FYI : The window will be larger in the next release/fix.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby support » 28 August 2016, 22:06

Available in V8.1.20.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4528
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby samwise309 » 08 May 2017, 13:02

Clgsound wrote:Support, I have one request that I'm sure anyone who uses a medium to large rig would also love.
when you go into generator select your lights you then i have to go to fixture order and it automatically has them ordered by their DMX address. would there be a way to have them ordered by the arrangement in the 2D view. Because most people set that up to mimic their rig. still have the option to manually order if one would like but options like left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top, etc.

Having the 2D view be able to read the fixture setup based on position (left to right, top to bottom, etc) and then being able to apply things like dimmers, color changes, and using a sine wave, square wave, etc, would make programming ten times faster and easier. I'm not trying to compare softwares, I love xpress, but things like mpc and MA are able to attach a shape wave to a group of lights to make programming effects almost instantaneous. This kind of thing would put showxpress in the next level.
samwise309

Return to Editor - Generator