[request] Groups for Fixtures in Generator

create scenes with shape generator

Re: [request] Groups for Fixtures in Generator

Postby DeeStage » 15 December 2016, 14:31

still waiting for more options in Generator for PAN/TILT Movement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkVYltL7bXs

Please watch this video at 6:14
It shows exactly what I'm trying to do...
DeeStage

Postby Bakenectar » 16 December 2016, 14:03

I would have to agree, I wish the generator was more versatile with groups, layering effects or multiple fixture selection in a single scene.

Also can you make the "shift %" or offset-/+ % in GEN more flexible. You can only take it so high or low which means I can only have so much space in between 2 fixtures

For groups in EDIT and GEN could you make it so the 1st light in the group is actually the 1st light you selected when creating the group, and the group progresses in the exact order you built the group in originally.This would be useful for making light order specific scenes.

This would help to make SX applicable in large show settings.

Thanks in advance!
Bakenectar

Postby wookie » 16 December 2016, 23:06

+1 on that one from me as well!!
Would be indeed practical feature!
wookie

Postby samwise309 » 07 March 2017, 17:46

A few things I've seen on here and talked to other LD's about that use this program that would be nice to see :D

-Group fixtures so that (as stated above me) 1 & 3 have the same movement and 2 & 4 have their own movement (maybe like the pan/tilt and fixture order options in generator, make a sub-group option to assign fixtures to so that they do the same thing). When touring, or in general, it becomes too much of a hassle to program several different curves and then assign them all to one macro.
-Be able to edit which fixtures are included in the curve AFTER it's been saved. Sometimes we have extra lights and it'd be nice to edit an existing movement curve, dimmer curve, etc. and include those new lights, rather than making a new scene for those added fixtures and again making a separate macro to activate both.
-Be able to select a group of different fixtures (lets say, an RGB wash, a trackspot and a 350) and select RED, rather than selecting each type of fixture and moving its fader to that color. This would be huge for creating color wipes across the rig, which currently you have to make a separate step scene for each light and then chase play each scene to the last and pause. Huge pain to program. If generator had a tick option that just said COLOR when you select different fixture types, with a standard (set by you guys) order of colors, it'd be so easy to make a line from one color to another and order the fixtures so you get those nice wipe looks.
samwise309

Postby Bakenectar » 07 March 2017, 22:20

This would be and is very necessary in so many programming situations it should definable be looked into and seriously considered!!
Bakenectar

Postby DeeStage » 08 May 2019, 15:19

any news for the implementation of this feature ?
DeeStage

Postby support » 08 May 2019, 16:12

Sorry not yet.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djjustfrank » 16 September 2023, 07:30

Years later and nothing. Are you not getting paid to develop?
djjustfrank

Postby support » 19 September 2023, 09:08

To "djjustfrank" (only)

When you bought one of our DMX interface, you paid for the version of our software which was existing at the date of your purchase.

Software updates (bug fix, minor improvements) are free.
New functionalities are bonus at our discretion.

We do not owe you unlimited software improvements.

If you had taken some time to read this forum and understand our projects and our situation, you may have been less aggressive.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djjustfrank » 27 September 2023, 05:04

I apologize. I understand stuff on the internet doesn't include body language and can come off the opposite of how I typed it.

Can we start a GoFundMe? Or can we pay the developers more money to add these features? Or what would you need in the form of resources to add such features?
djjustfrank

Previous

Return to Editor - Generator