Generator Curve Ideas

create scenes with shape generator

Generator Curve Ideas

Postby Rhythmlive » 04 March 2016, 01:36

Would it be possible to add a few features to the Generator?

- The ability to set fixture #1 to start from any point and/or at any time on a curve instead of always starting from point #1 and/or 0.00"?
- Being able to manually enter DMX values and times to points on a curve instead of having to click/drag/guess&check with each point?
- Extending time values for points on curves to include hundredths of a second?
- Manually entering a Shift Percentage value instead of only being able to click and drag the slider?
- Being able to set time duration for each point on a curve like in the Steps window?

Thank you for your consideration!
Rhythmlive

Re: Generator Curve Ideas

Postby support » 04 March 2016, 19:32

Sorry but we presently think this would be too complex to do.
Waiting for other users feedback.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Rhythmlive » 11 March 2016, 23:21

No worries, and I can live without these features, but if it's possible to even do just one of them how difficult would it be to create a feature for the first one on that list?
- The ability to set fixture #1 to start from any point and/or at any time on a curve instead of always starting from point #1 and/or 0.00"?
Rhythmlive

Postby support » 12 March 2016, 18:58

Not easy as well.
Waiting for comments from other users.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DeeStage » 14 March 2016, 22:03

Hey ;)

I am using 12 or more Movingheads in my Show an it would be a nice feature to give a Group uf Fixtures the same ammount of Shift in generator.
So you could devide your Fixture selection in multiple Blocks and give them the same Shift.

Otherwise it would be nice to have a feature to "align" your selection in Steps Programming.
Its very time consuming to create symmetric looks with multiple Pan/Tilt Fixtures, because you have to edit each on its own.
I would really like to have the Opinion to Align these Fixtures. To create Views like that: Image

I dont know how this can be realized in Programming, but it would make it so much easier to create Steps with Pan/Tilt Movements like that.

DeeStage
DeeStage

Postby support » 14 March 2016, 22:05

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mikepmr » 25 March 2016, 05:23

I second the idea of being able to set a time for each point using the generator
mikepmr

Postby mikepmr » 25 March 2016, 05:24

and being able to work with separate sets of lights somehow someway. its hard to create movements that work together with two separate groups of lights
mikepmr

Postby mikepmr » 14 April 2016, 20:20

also as mentioned above being able to manually enter a shift value. If I ever touch the slider and want to bring it back to 0 it is impossible. The closest I can get is .1%. It skips right over 0.
mikepmr

Postby samwise309 » 06 February 2017, 20:00

mikepmr wrote:and being able to work with separate sets of lights somehow someway. its hard to create movements that work together with two separate groups of lights

I would love this feature...the club I work for has a small army of Trackspots and then some chuavet qspot 250's (old stuff, I know!)
If I want to program a cartwheel for example, I have to make two separate scenes with completely different curves and trigger them both at the same time. Not the biggest issue in the world, but one that would make programming go a lot smoother and faster nonetheless if you could have different curves for different groups..
samwise309

Next

Return to Editor - Generator