What to do with the APP folder in the fix ?

post here topics for Windows only

What to do with the APP folder in the fix ?

Postby ineedabeatdj » 18 September 2017, 14:30

Where do I install the files in this update? I replaced the .exe file but I can't find the proper location for the other folder or files in the TheLightingController.app folder.

My software files are installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/ShowXpress

Inside TheLightingController.app folder is a "Contents" folder. and inside it a "Info.plist" file and a "TheLightingController.icns" file inside a "Resounces" folder.

I installed the .exe file, but my live buttons still aren't working properly. When you click them, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Can I re-install an older version of the software if I can't get this working? I have 2 homecoming dances this weekend.

Thanks for any help.

Brad
ineedabeatdj

Re: fix for version 8.2.25 question???

Postby support » 18 September 2017, 16:14

I can't find the proper location for the other folder or files in the TheLightingController.app folder

The APP is only for MacOS (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =85&t=3438).

Can I re-install an older version of the software

You can install several versions of our software in the same computer. Just give different names (folders and shortcuts) for each.
But do not run two different major versions (for instance V7 and V8) with the same lightshow, because V7 is not able to read V8 lightshows.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: What to do with the APP folder in the fix ?

Postby ineedabeatdj » 20 September 2017, 17:49

Everything seems to be working fine now with the live buttons. I installed the .exe file this weekend, restarted the program and I was still having problems during my gig. After a full computer reboot, everything with the live buttons seem to be working fine.

Brad
ineedabeatdj

Return to Windows