Windows 7 64bits - software upgrade recommandation

post here topics for Windows only

Windows 7 64bits - software upgrade recommandation

Postby support » 31 October 2010, 08:07

Following this post viewtopic.php?f=18&t=463, it looks like software upgrade (from one version to another version) requires a special attention under Windows 7 64bits. Usually, you have to execute a "Windows software uninstall" procedure of old software version, and then you can install the new version. It appears like, after "uninstall" procedure, Windows 7 64bits requires to manually erase the software folder before installing the new software version.

We are not 100% sure about this. If you already had the experience of upgrading our software under Windows 7 64bits, your feedback is welcome.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Windows 7 64bits - software upgrade recommandation

Postby fretitkeys » 11 February 2011, 02:02

I just upgraded from 6.25 to 6.26 in Windows 7 64 bit . I first had to go into the C drive , then program files , ShowXpress and at the bottom it says unins000 , click on it and it will ask you if you want to completely uninstall ShowXpress . before the uninstall , you must save your default shows onto another hard drive so it can be reloaded into the new software . After you install 6.26 you want to open up settings on the control board then lightshows , click on open light show folders then drag your default folder that you saved and place it in the new default folder . It will ask you many times if you want to replace folders as it goes thru the show files . After I was done , everything opened in Set up , 3D , Live & Editor and all my info transfered over just fine .

I will be posting a youtube video on this shortly and asking DJ Mikey Mike to repost it on doitfromscratch.com

MikeyB , ( fretitkeys )
fretitkeys

Postby support » 11 February 2011, 07:52

Thank you for your feeback.
PS: the lightshows are supposed to not be affected, after software upgrade process (there are not stored in the software folder).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby fretitkeys » 14 February 2011, 03:31

Thank you also , I'm using the Xpress 512 and keying scenes with midi from a Roland Juno g keyboard . . . . since this upgrade , midi isn't causing a software crash . . . Thank you for solving this problem in 6.26

Mikeyb
fretitkeys

Return to Windows