Windows 8.1 driver error

post here topics for Windows only

Windows 8.1 driver error

Postby kwdamp » 19 September 2015, 20:34

I see similar topics have been posted here but I can't find a specific link to recently updated drivers.

I just purchased a brand new Quantum byte mini computer with windows 8.1. I've installed all updates for windows, and also tried manually installing the drivers for my new xpress 512.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a driver error (saying it may be incomplete or corrupted).

I've tried uninstalling, and also using showxpress several times. Nothing seems to work.

I read there was an issue with USB3.0, but the link I found no longer works.

Is there a new driver? Or a compatibility issue with the hardware I'm running?

Everything is new, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I was supposed to have the install done today.
kwdamp

Re: Windows 8.1 driver error

Postby kwdamp » 21 September 2015, 16:41

Well, I was able to do a virtual session with support this morning and we resolved the issue.

It appears that the software automatically installs the 64 bit version of the drivers without correctly checking. And all downloads are bundled as well.

After checking the system, we were able to manually uninstall the 64 bit driver, and install the correct 32 bit drivers.
kwdamp

Re: Windows 8.1 driver error

Postby support » 21 September 2015, 21:21

Thank you for the feedback.

Weird !
The install process is supposed to check the OS (32 or 64bits), and then it install only the corresponding driver.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Windows