Driver prob. with Acer Iconia W510 Windows 8 tablet [fixed]

post here topics for Windows only

Re: Driver prob. with Acer Iconia W510 Windows 8 tablet [fixed]

Postby support » 23 November 2013, 11:06

Thank you very much for this explanation.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: D512 Driver Problems under Windows 8.1

Postby gordferguson » 15 June 2014, 22:36

Hi ,

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Asus T100 tablet/laptop. I've tried as you suggest using the 32_bits_W8 driver along with the efk.inf file from the drivers_test folder but I'm still getting the same error -

The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

Would it be possible to send me on a copy of the tool you used to disable digital signature signing in the Asus BIOS? I have searched for it but can't seem to find it anywhere. If you are also able to send on the driver you used that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gordon

Hecktique wrote:Hello again.

Just to let you know I finally fixed it...

First since I want to connect a D512 to an Acer Iconia W510 Convertible tablet, I just needed to wait until Acer provided me with a patch to overcome the digital signature check in the BIOS settings. Fortunately they did, so I got that covered... but then I still had to figure out that the the 2kb sized efk.inf file that comes provided exclusively with your drivers_test folder needs to be copied into the 32bits_W8 driver folder along with all the .inf files for the separate interfaces. After trying that, W8.1 allowed me to install the whole driver package from the 32bits_W8 folder, and it runs perfectly now.

I hope progress on the next Sweetlight version is going well, can't wait!
gordferguson

Previous

Return to Windows