Any experiences on window tablet

post here topics for Windows only

Any experiences on window tablet

Postby sebdotdj » 12 February 2012, 18:58

Hej,

I am running showxpress with a cable on a my small laptop; it's a acer 12" with a "fast" intel SU4100 cpu (much faster then a netbook). Runs 100% stable. But I want to run with a touchscreen instead. Now I am thinking upgrading to a small laptop with touchscreen (acer 1820pt or Packard Bell easynote tablet or something); Safe but expensive choise.
Another choise can be buying a little tablet, like a cheap windows based one with a atom processor or a better one with a newer double core atom or one with the AMD c60 cpu. I was wondering if someone is running a system like that. Probable programming on a real pc and then running live on the tablet?!

Anyone?

Thanks,

Seb
sebdotdj

Re: Any experiences on window tablet

Postby support » 13 February 2012, 08:20

Basically, a tablet can not run the software, because the OS is not Windows 7/XP (or MacOS).
Tablet is only for remote control, via the app Live_Mobile.

If you stay always close to the computer, we recommend a Windows (or MacOS) based computer.

We simply suggest you to add an external touch sensitive monitor. This is quiet cheap, solid and safe for your laptop pc.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby sebdotdj » 13 February 2012, 08:37

The Tablets I mentioned are running normal windows 7 so not talking about android devices! there are "tablets" that run 64bit window 7 home premium; so that should work then right!?

I never thought about connecting a second monitor which is touch sensitive to my main computer; how smart & easy! Just can be a problem that it needs an extra USB (which I don't have)!
sebdotdj

Postby support » 13 February 2012, 09:19

If the tablet is Windows 7 based (and not Windows Mobile), and if it has an available usb port, then it should be suitable for our product.

So far, external touch sensitive monitor require a usb port (for touch data), but this should not be a problem using a usb hub.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Windows