Customer who needs help..

post here topics for Windows only

Customer who needs help..

Postby ollymidd » 06 February 2012, 10:34

Hiya,

I have a customer who has recently purchased the sweetlight dongle but needs help with setting it up from scratch. the problem is, is that he has Windows XP and all my systems at work are Windows 7 and all the layouts are different and it's very hard to do this over phone. Has someone got a guide for a Windows XP user from start to help him install and get it up and running or one you can e-mail myself and I can pass on the info.

We got as far as him saying the computer is asking him for the drivers for the dongle. I know it's a case of controlpanel>device manager> right click and locate the file manually but he is having trouble doing so and says it isn't working!

And help or written info would be great! Haven't used XP in quite some time now!

Cheers Olly
Terralec ltd
ollymidd

Re: Customer who needs help..

Postby support » 06 February 2012, 16:50

The driver install procedure in the beta software is supposed to 100% auto install the drivers (means no need to search manually any file required by the operating system).
You can try to install the beta version (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1248), to get the drivers correctly installed.
Afterwards, you can re-install the current software version (6.29).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Customer who needs help..

Postby ollymidd » 08 February 2012, 09:48

Thanks for that. I will forward this reply on. I have said if he has any more problems that he will contact you under this thread.

Thanks again
Olly
Teralec ltd
ollymidd

Return to Windows