Layering steps and channel disabling concepts

create scenes with steps

Layering steps and channel disabling concepts

Postby Sapian » 12 November 2023, 19:30

Seems I'm missing an undocumented concept. Layering scenes and enabled channels not working in my conception of it. Example: I have created a set of buttons in a board that have several dimming options for one model of movers: Typical 1 step scenes setting dim levels for all movers, and some buttons that only effect particular movers, say one for mover 1 + 4 dim level and a button that drives mover 2 + 3 dim level, the only channels enabled are for each respective mover. If I trigger the 1+4 dim button and then trigger the 3+4 button, (which shouldn't effect the 1+4 vales as the channels were not enabled in the 3+4 scene) 1+4 go black? What am I missing? I understand that turning off the solo setting for this board fixes this but when creating macros using these buttons other problems occur and that would require creating more boards of which I'm running close to software limits on.
Sapian

Re: Layering steps and channel disabling concepts

Postby dumbfungus » 15 November 2023, 00:10

Double check that unused channels are disabled. For example, let’s say you have 4 movers and 2 buttons .. 1+4 and 2+3.

Your button for 1+4 should have dim channel disabled for movers 2 and 3.
dumbfungus

Postby Sapian » 24 November 2023, 23:04

Thanks for reply. Like in my post, I made sure all other channels are disabled, just changing the dimmer channel. Every other channel is disabled for whole rig. Drives me nuts because the color chanel doesn't change or any other channel that is active but disabled for the dim 1+4 and dim 2+3 buttons. Again, this is a board of buttons that I call my solo dimmers for my movers. The board has SOLO enabled so only one button at a time is active. So why does pressing one button turn off all the other dim settings for these lights if those channels aren't active in that button? Puzzling...
Sapian

Postby SeekLighting » 27 November 2023, 00:33

Sapian wrote:Thanks for reply. Like in my post, I made sure all other channels are disabled, just changing the dimmer channel. Every other channel is disabled for whole rig. Drives me nuts because the color chanel doesn't change or any other channel that is active but disabled for the dim 1+4 and dim 2+3 buttons. Again, this is a board of buttons that I call my solo dimmers for my movers. The board has SOLO enabled so only one button at a time is active. So why does pressing one button turn off all the other dim settings for these lights if those channels aren't active in that button? Puzzling...

If you've set the board to SOLO, that's the expected behaviour. Pressing the button for "Dim 2+3" will turn off your "Dim 1+4" button, thereby turning off those lights.
SeekLighting

Postby Sapian » 30 November 2023, 20:09

Thanks! think I get it. So the SOLO function takes precedence, even though the recently pressed button has no active channels affecting other active channels, those channels are affected because SOLO effectively turns them off. Just realized that resent release got rid of of some of the number of button, board, tab, window limits. This allows more boards that could cover some of my requirements.
Sapian

Return to Editor - Steps