Palettes FLip Pan/Tilt

create scenes with steps

Palettes FLip Pan/Tilt

Postby Pink LD » 22 April 2017, 14:42

So I finally converted my 21 focus points for my small show into palettes however I have run into a snag.

I frequently use the the flip pan/tilt function to get the symmetrical pair close to its pair. For example:
I move fixture 1 and 6 together. Fixture 1 is moved to its focus point and 6 is way off in the opposite direction. So I flip the pan and then tweak it slightly to make the focus symmetrical. The problem is that palettes is in function a multiple step scene and the option to flip pan/tilt is just "all steps", with no option to flip "on this step only".

Sure some will say that I can just flip the symmetrical fixtures with the fixture menu, but that is not something I wish to add to the setup of however many moving lights I put into any given show and where I choose to hang them. Other than pulling out my old DMX chart of:
X=127 is home
XSR=126 XSL=128
XSR=125 XSL=129
XSR=124 XSL=130
XSR=123 XSL=131
Etc...

In essence I have used the flip pan function to do the calculations of the chart since the flip pan was introduced, but it is not usable in palettes because it affects all steps of the palette setting, not to mention that the flip funtion activates the channel in all steps of palettes and only about half of my palettes steps are for the US movers versus the DS movers. I would think the simplest solution for everyone would be to add the menu option a "Flip pan or tilt THIS STEP ONLY" as well as the "All steps" option.

Thanks
Pink LD

Re: Palettes FLip Pan/Tilt

Postby Pink LD » 22 April 2017, 14:57

http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4372

I had forgotten that I talked about this before, however it was never resolved. But I was much more clear in the linked post of what I was doing and why.
Pink LD

Return to Editor - Steps