Cannot play steps, Scenes do not run live...

create scenes with steps

Cannot play steps, Scenes do not run live...

Postby andieburtuk » 24 March 2017, 11:44

Good morning.

I am new to ShowXpress but have taken in the tutorials and created quite a few things in my first lightshow.

The problem is that when I preview (play) the steps in a scene, the timer greys-out and stays on zero and no automated playing of the steps happens. This is the same if I create a button in the Live tab to play through a scene also.

I know, after reading forum posts, that v8.2.4 of ShowXpress had a bug with this. My first version I installed was v8.2.10, and I have tried a clean install to v8.2.18 (latest).

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit and have a ShowXpress 100 controller. I am also intending to use some of my Novation controllers for the light show, but haven't bothered linking them yet as this needs to get sorted first.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am doing a show on Sunday.

Also: in the "TheLightingController_Err" .TXT file in my lightshow directory, it lists (multiple times) "Fonction : Engine thread TIMEOUT ! : Steps" as an error, everytime I try to play through the steps.

Thanks for reading this and any help anyone can provide!

-- Andie
andieburtuk

Re: Cannot play steps, Scenes do not run live...

Postby support » 24 March 2017, 14:52

Yes, this is an old bug which should not exist in V8.2.18.
Could you please post a video showing this problem, and also showing the welcome screen (black screen with the RGB sign) with the version number.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Steps