Remote control for editing

create scenes with steps

Remote control for editing

Postby Detour DJ » 22 January 2017, 00:40

Hi All,
I've used the Live Mobile app a little, and it does okay for simple scene changes in low-stress settings, but most of my actual live work is done with a large touchscreen and keyboard. I've been thinking though...remote control of the Steps Editing screen would be FAR more useful. Every show, I set up in a different club. While I have color scenes set up and they don't have to be adjusted, the aims of the movers do need to be adjusted each time. Often, I'm set up off to the side and aiming the lights as needed to various cue points is a little vague. It would be REALLY handy to step up onstage with an iPad, select various Live scenes to edit, then adjust mover pan/tilt settings and see exactly where they're going. Maybe call it "Editor Mobile"?

I'm going to experiment with remote desktop control apps like TeamViewer and such, but it would be awesome to have that capability built into the ShowX Mobile app itself and be able to access the necessary parameters quickly and easily without a lot of fuss. Maybe even if it meant assigning some sort of marker in Live to scenes that you'd want quick access to in the Mobile app, then have a list of those select apps available in the Editor Mobile app. Personally, I would use an app like that at every show, while I have little use for the Live Mobile app.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Re: Remote control for editing

Postby support » 22 January 2017, 21:53

An app like TeamViewer is effectively the best for your need.
This is a friendly app which offers Editor > Steps in your tablet.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Remote control for editing

Postby vinnyblanc » 28 March 2017, 03:11

Try adding separate X and Y axis buttons to a Live page and then you should be able to control them from the remote APP.
Or, utilize the palette feature for mover position...

vinnyblanc

Return to Editor - Steps