Channels Active in New Steps

create scenes with steps

Channels Active in New Steps

Postby kcampb8965 » 25 February 2015, 02:29

I am trying to program different steps in my par scenes, but the channels are active in each step making if difficult to maintain my color changes in each step. I cannot insert a blank step, it always inserts a copy of the previous step and all it's programming and each step remains linked so that changes in one affects all the previous steps so if I try to deactivate a channel I don't need, it deactivates the channel in all the steps. Do I have something switched on that I shouldn't?
kcampb8965

Re: Channels Active in New Steps

Postby Pink LD » 25 February 2015, 05:22

Channels are active in all steps or not. Knowing that it just means you have to devise another way to achieve what you are trying to do.

I get it but there are a dozen ways to do something in the software and depending on what you are trying to do, 3 or 4 of the ways will work for you.
Pink LD

Postby kcampb8965 » 26 February 2015, 23:43

Thanks Pink...but I'm a bit confused by your response. I'm not sure what you're telling me.

I did not have this issue in the previous version. I should be able to insert new steps into any scene that are both blank and totally independent of the previous step so I can program the second step in any color I want. When I insert a scene, it is a copy of the previous step, and not a blank step as it should be. I could live with that if the channels active in the previous step were independent, but they are not. If I try to change the color in the second step, it affects the first step.
kcampb8965

Postby Pink LD » 27 February 2015, 00:03

Now I am confused, insert adds a step between 2 steps and yes it will be the same as the step before. You can also add a step but that step goes at the end. And it will be the same as what was previously the last step.
Let me go reread your original post...

Ok. deactivation of a channel deactivates it in all steps. When you insert yes, you get the previous scene. Then you have to go make the changes you want in the new step, but not by deactivation just go to the faders you don't want and pull them down to 0. Move the faders you do want to whatever values you desire. Moving a fader in one steo will activate it in all steps.
Also you need to be mindful of the types of transition curves you want on each step of each activated channel.
Pink LD

Postby kcampb8965 » 27 February 2015, 00:33

Thanks for the advice Pink. I'll work my way through it. It seems much harder to program steps than the previous version but more likely I just have to get used to change.
kcampb8965

Postby Pink LD » 27 February 2015, 00:59

I jump at everything new, so I can be part of the conversation of what is liked and disliked. I honestly can barely remember v6, much less v5, and I don't remember but one thing from v4. But they have been reasonably consistent as I have drug some pretty large touring theatrical lightshows through it all. One show has nearly 200 Live pages, another has 130, and I couldn't guess how many scenes.
But most of the shows I do are 3.5 nonstop rock shows in bars and festivals and I have had a very good record at the software being reasonably bulletproof.
Pink LD

Postby dmxshows » 26 July 2019, 00:10

You can do it manually, take a look into my response on the Post: "Active and unactive channels between steps?"

https://www.thelightingcontroller.com/v ... =69&t=5087

Hope it helps!!!
dmxshows

Postby support » 30 July 2019, 14:21

Topic closed to leave only this one open: https://www.thelightingcontroller.com/v ... =69&t=5087
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Steps