request - fade channel after it is disabled in a step

create scenes with steps

request - fade channel after it is disabled in a step

Postby sverhoeven » 21 January 2022, 11:37

Hello,

I am very pleased with the new functionality to disable a channel only in a certain step using the button "Enable/disable channel linking between steps". Many thanks for this implementation!

I use this functionality mainly for RGB(W) fixtures for who I want to make an overlay color chase. For example: Main color = blue, which is static and I want to add a dynamic chase of red on top.
This works perfectly fine, however I struggle to now use the fade option. If I select a channel to fade on the current step, the red color will slowly fade in (which is perfect!), however in the next step of the scene (in which the channel is deactivated) the color(channel) immediately swaps to off (so without an fade out).

Of course it might be that I am missing a small detail for a button or a setting, but in case I am not I would like to request this feature to make the overlay color chases also fadeable.
Many thanks in advance!
sverhoeven

Re: request - fade channel after it is disabled in a step

Postby support » 22 January 2022, 18:58

"Disabled channel" does not mean inevitably off.
"Disabled channel" means another previously activated scene gets back the control of the channel.

We understand your problem, but it is not possible to add fade a function from enable to disable.
Sorry for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Steps