Linked Fixture Channels [fixed]

declare your lighting equipment

Linked Fixture Channels [fixed]

Postby GPC » 07 September 2018, 10:32

I use Chauvet Hybrid 140SR's but have a problem when programming DMX using the 2 gobo channels.

ShowXpress seems to link the two channels so when you adjust the static gobo, the rotating gobo channel is also adjusted (and visa-versa). So you end up with your desired gobo AND a blurred gobo from the other channel at the same time.

You can disable the gobo channel you don't want, but as soon as you change the desired gobo channel the disabled one is enabled again. It's very annoying and I don't see a reason why the channels should be linked.

Is there a way to unlink the two channels please?

Many thanks, Gary
GPC

Re: Linked Fixture Channels

Postby gérald01 » 07 September 2018, 13:00

Hello,

I have the same problem.

It is necessary to modify the library of the projector in the patch dmx because the 2 channels have the same name.
you have to put gobo for the first channel and gobo 2 for the second wheel

Gerald

[image]
gérald01

Re: Linked Fixture Channels

Postby support » 07 September 2018, 14:36

Yes, the library should be effectively as gérald01 said.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Linked Fixture Channels [fixed]

Postby GPC » 07 September 2018, 15:57

Thank you for your replies.

While experimenting to find a solution I tried your exact example, by changing 'gobo wheel' to 'gobo wheel 2' in the fixtures settings - shame the profile wasn't set up correctly to start (Hybrids are also missing the gobos in the 3D viewer).

But I also realised the 'ungroup channels in fixture' button on the steps page does effectively the same thing! I really don't see a reason why they would be grouped to start with?

I would have included a picture but can't see how to embed an image in the post.

Many thanks
Gary
GPC

Return to Editor - Fixtures