Defining a House Lights dimmer?

declare your lighting equipment

Defining a House Lights dimmer?

Postby Patrick Randall » 01 June 2018, 20:57

Hi,
our church has a 12 channel Lightronics AR-1202rtc dimmer rack for controlling the house lights. It is capable of DMX control. I have attached a D-Fi hub to it and am now trying to add it to my fixtures in Showxpress. Can someone pls point me at how to set it up? I have gone int Fixtures/Add Fixtures/Create New Fixture, put in a name, starting address and number of fixtures. I see it in the "addressing map" page with the start and end addresses ok. I've set the Lightronics to the right starting address.
This is where I'm stuck.
Normally I see the added Chauvet fixture in the 2D map, click it and start editing steps.
I don't see my device in the map.
If I go into edit fixture I see IO can assign dimmers to the channels but that's where I'm stuck.
Help!
Kind regards,
Patrick
Patrick Randall

Re: Defining a House Lights dimmer?

Postby BartKrap » 01 June 2018, 23:45

Can you add some pictures so we can see exactly what you mean?
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Re: Defining a House Lights dimmer?

Postby JohnRichards » 02 June 2018, 12:39

It would be better to assign 12 parcan fixtures instead od 1 x 12channel dimmer unit. This would allow you see each channel. You can then clone each channel if you have more than 1 light per channel.
John
JohnRichards

Return to Editor - Fixtures