Patching on the fly

declare your lighting equipment

Patching on the fly

Postby muscanto » 25 October 2017, 22:26

Hello-

I'm sorry if my terminology is not correct but I am going to do the best to ask my question since I am more of a sound then light guy (for now).

Is it possible to patch fixtures to new addresses temporarily so my scenes still work?

For example, I have all my fixtures setup but I need to move a couple fixtures to different addresses temporarily, can I patch them in somehow so that the scenes for those fixtures still work at their new temporary addresses?

Thanks!
muscanto

Re: Patching on the fly

Postby SeekLighting » 25 October 2017, 23:45

Hi Muscanto,

In version 8 onwards, you can change the addresses of your fixtures to entirely new numbers, and as long as you hit the "save DMX addressing" button, all of your scenes will still work.

This is because the programmer now uses Fixture based addressing, so scenes are addressed to individual fixtures, not to channels. This means you can even import scene files across completely different lightshows, as long as the fixtures are the same (the addresses can be completely different!)

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

Tim H
SeekLighting

Postby muscanto » 26 October 2017, 23:54

Thanks, I will give that a try. Does that mean that the number of that fixture follows too? So if I have "RGB Par #3" The scene will always reference "RGB Par #3" ??
muscanto

Postby SeekLighting » 26 October 2017, 23:57

Should do yes. If you're just clicking and dragging the same fixture around the fixtures window it'll follow you to whatever address you put it
SeekLighting

Postby muscanto » 27 October 2017, 19:49

Wow- excellent software design. Thanks!
muscanto

Return to Editor - Fixtures