Fixtures Definition Additions/Bugfixes

declare your lighting equipment

Fixtures Definition Additions/Bugfixes

Postby makr » 29 January 2017, 19:56

Is anyone interested in helping collaborate on fixing issues with fixtures and adding new ones that may be common? I noticed the gobos on the Intimidator Spot LED 350 (discontinued) were not working in 3D view, still a great fixture and I don't see replacing it any time soon, so I made some edits. Mainly the path to the gobo image was wrong, and then instead of being the required 128^2 many images were 130^2. Once they were resized and located properly they work. As I edit fixtures I'll be posting to Github, anyone familiar? You can download files by zip or use git version control software. Anyways, the Github project is at https://github.com/makr8100/showXpress if you want to check it out.
makr

Re: Fixtures Definition Additions/Bugfixes

Postby Bakenectar » 31 January 2017, 16:57

definitely interested
I have wished I could use more 3d all the time although I use non name brand fixtures sometimes so it made it very difficult and almost not worth it
Bakenectar

Postby makr » 31 January 2017, 19:48

Do you have documentation on the fixture, or at least the model number I could try to look up? If so I'll give it a try. The structure of how showXpress reads fixtures is pretty simple to deconstruct so I've gotten pretty good at locating fixture elements and even got our company logo gobo successfully imported into a fixture :D
makr

Postby makr » 04 February 2017, 19:32

I have since realized there is a portion of this forum for fixtures. I'm still going to go forward with the Github project, but am going to make a default showXpress branch. The master branch will be for updates and bugfixes combined which will overwrite default showXpress fixtures. I'll try to keep on top changelogs and documentation and will put fixtures that aren't name brand into folders by fixture type. I will have to find some sort of way to integrate the fixtures definitions available here into the Github project.
makr

Return to Editor - Fixtures