Lights aren't on in DMX mode

declare your lighting equipment

Lights aren't on in DMX mode

Postby Ericasmith411 » 02 January 2017, 19:34

Good Afternoon Folks,
Hoping someone can help me. I am new to ShowXpress, but I am having no luck with my lights lighting up in DMX mode. I have added custom Fixtures as the software did not have mine (AMerican DJ punch), and added from the fixtures provided some Chauvet Slim Bank T18s and intimidator Spot Duos. I created a step program for the wash lights and some basic actions for Duos. When I run in 3D mode, it appears to work. So I decided to plug in the dongle and send the DMX signal to the lights (pressed the XLR looking plug button on the right so it shows green) and......it didn't work :(

Nothing happens. It appears the lights are receiving DMX signal as the addresses on the lights are not flashing, the power is solid blue and the PC lights on the 512 dongle is flashing green. Still nothing happens. I have replaced cables, added fixtures again, created a new light show, added only 1 step of red for 5 minutes, and gone to only adding in the Chauvet lights to see if it was something in my custom light profiles, but no luck as these lights won't show up at all. I would appreciate any thoughts y'all might have as to what I am doing wrong as I am fresh out of ideas.
Ericasmith411

Re: Lights aren't on in DMX mode

Postby Bob_be » 03 January 2017, 01:34

Do you have the your light fixtures set to the correct DMX Channels? Do you have a termination plug on your last light? Is the DMX Bargraph showing signals being sent? (Menu bar, Windows -> DMX Bargraph)

Bob
Bob_be

Return to Editor - Fixtures