Had to replace burnt out LED can with new one... Help!

declare your lighting equipment

Had to replace burnt out LED can with new one... Help!

Postby Ghostfeeder » 13 July 2016, 22:14

One of my four LED cans burnt out. It put in a good five years or so of gigging and touring, but it was just one of those generic 186 8 channel cans from China. I bought a replacement for it because the photo on the ad was identical to what I had. However, as is the nature of inexpensive Chinese products, it is NOT exactly identical and my plan of simply replacing the light and keeping my software settings the same are falling away. The channel assignments for it are different. For example, where my old light's slider would fade the RED up and down, this new light's slider is a master fader. Everything is kind of moved around.

Does this mean I have to manually change every single scene to accommodate this new fixture? Is there a way to tell the software "hey, remember what this did before with the old light? Make this new one do it now!"

The idea of going in and changing literally hundreds of scenes because I swapped out one light is an idea that makes me a little ill. Any help? Thank you!
Ghostfeeder

Re: Had to replace burnt out LED can with new one... Help!

Postby support » 14 July 2016, 08:39

V8 lightshows are now transparent with the dmx addresses of the fixures, but they are not able to manage a fixture replacement with a new fixture having different dmx channels.
Sorry for this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Had to replace burnt out LED can with new one... Help!

Postby Ghostfeeder » 14 July 2016, 15:55

I figured as much. Thank you for the quick response!
Ghostfeeder

Return to Editor - Fixtures