Trouble Adding Fixture to Existing Show

declare your lighting equipment

Trouble Adding Fixture to Existing Show

Postby mondinga » 13 October 2014, 02:03

Hello,

I created a show with (4) Q-spot 260's and used it on an event. I later did another event with (8) Q-spot 460's.

So, I added (4) more Q-spot 260's. Unfortunately, I had to create all new scenes, because my scenes from the first show would not control the (4) Q-spots I added on the second show.

Is there a way to add more lights of the same make / model to an existing show and have those lights work on this scenes you have already created? I thought that I would be able to open the scenes I had previously created and edit them to include the additional (4) Q-spots.

Is there a way to do this that I am not aware of? This could be a huge time saver.

Thanks! :D
mondinga

Re: Trouble Adding Fixture to Existing Show

Postby support » 13 October 2014, 07:33

You can do that by editing the scene, and doing a "copy / paste to all steps" action for the channels.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 08 June 2015, 01:36

What if you created the scene using generator? Am I screwed?
mondinga

Postby mondinga » 08 June 2015, 01:53

Ok, so now I know that I can open a scene created in generator with editor. Unfortunately, I cannot make it work properly.

This is what I did.

1. Open scene created in generator with editor. (success)
2. Select one fixture that has all of the parameters I want to copy. I did this by selecting the fixture, then right clicking any where in the channel area, then clicking on "select all channels".
3. Then I selected the fixture I want to paste the parameters to and right clicked in the channel area and selected "paste all steps". Visually I can see that this isn't working properly, because the colors are off.

So in summary, I am able to open a generator scene in editor and copy channel settings from one light to another, but for whatever reason, the settings are not transferring the way I want them to. If you could give more specific steps, that would be awesome. What would be even better would be if I could copy my channel settings from one light and paste them to several new lights. For now I would be satisfied with doing one at a time.

Thank you!
mondinga

Postby mondinga » 10 June 2015, 06:56

Nothing?
mondinga

Postby support » 10 June 2015, 07:43

This is because we have opened a case about this, and we are waiting for the decision.

Presently, you have to put the mouse cursor over the start channel, and then select "paste".
The case says what you did (select first channel with a mouse click) is more intuitive.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 16 June 2015, 05:16

I am excited to hear about the decision. :shock:
mondinga

Postby support » 16 June 2015, 07:50

The report is:
- select first channel with a mouse click looks more intuitive
- but you are the first to remark this
- so we wait for other user's feedback
This is not urgent, because you can do this action with "mouse cursor positionning on first channel".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Fixtures